Parachute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parachute

I press the button but it doesn't work. Is it a quick double click or something? Do I press and hold down?

I know it's probably something simple but it's a pain.

Cassick

Re: Parachute

you just press 9, if you jump from a low distance, you keep bashing on it until it opens

Comment

pressing it once doesnt always work, so has to be pressed twice or more if your say falling really fast from 400ft... otherwise you'll bounce :|:

Comment

i leave it until the last sec to deploy my chute it works fine then but if i jump off close to a building it some times fails to open.

Comment

make sure ur parachute has room to deploy. if ur climbing up a crane in the center of it and accidently fall...ur parachute wont deploy. same for jumping right next to buildings.

Comment

Thanks all, I'll give it a go.

Comment

your weapon has to disappear for your chute to open as well, meaning you have to be falling fast enough for it to open. if your dropping from to low a spot and your weapon doesn't hide then you likely haven't fallen far enough, also NEVER jump off a ladder and expect to open your chute, it is certain death, same goes with being close to any walls, your parachute + too close to wall = death.

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS View Post
                your weapon has to disappear for your chute to open as well, meaning you have to be falling fast enough for it to open....
                That is definately true. I found that if i wait until the gun model disappears, then hit the parachute button, it works perfect every time, except if im too close to a building. If your just hitting the button repeatedly, it tends to not was as well.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Re-map it to an easier button to push. That helps also. I moved mine to 1, and other use Space.

Comment

I remember coming back to playing BF2 after 6 months of playing 2142 and i must have died quite alot jumping from tall building b/c i kept wanting to hit the space bar to open my parachute.

Comment

I got it set that Parachute is Space. And often pressing once is enough. I can jump from small buildings in Karkand (Not those where you have to C4 Jump) and only press once like 2 feet above ground. I often do that with heights like 600-700 feet.

Comment

Im still trying to pull off free-falling into a vehicle while holding E so I dont need to open the chute

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa View Post
                          I remember coming back to playing BF2 after 6 months of playing 2142 and i must have died quite alot jumping from tall building b/c i kept wanting to hit the space bar to open my parachute.
                          Same here, even after falling to my death 2 times I still did it a 3rd time

Comment

when i jump/bail from jets. i find the 9 key and i hit it until it opens. sometimes longer. it makes me feel nice and secure.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliask View Post
                              Im still trying to pull off free-falling into a vehicle while holding E so I dont need to open the chute

lol i love doing that....i think i have it mastered....

i think u hafta master free-falling....heres a tip, when ur falling, looking straight foward, u move fowards the fastest....look straight down, and u tend to fall straight down....i can free-fall onto cranes, rooftops, and even vehicles using this......just look foward till ur over ur object, then look down to fall right on top of it....u can look foward and turn to make adjustments....

i spent an hour or so on a custom map i made just falling into vehicles....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X