Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you say High-Definition? (2560x1600 screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you say High-Definition? (2560x1600 screenshots)

I recently acquired a Sony 24" GDM-FW900 monitor, the biggest and baddest CRT ever made. It is a flat-widescreen CRT (16:10, but also does 16:9 of course, as well as any smaller resolution) and has max resolution of 2650x1600. Weights about 50kg (100 pounds?), definitely the LAN display of choice. Mine is made in 2002 and I got it for 20€, but it is absolutely perfect what comes condition and image quality. Today some 30" lcd's are 2560x1600, but they are not really suitable for gaming.

I quickly took some screenshots, enjoy! (+widescreen in launch options)

2560x1600 2xAA All high, playable +50fps

Not really playable 6xAA 16xAF, but it looks sweet

This is what browsing looks like

Re: Can you say High-Definition? (2560x1600 screenshots)

Wow that is fcuking huge! You should take some screenshots in battlerecorder. You said it cost you 20 euros, did you misspell something?!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleVee View Post
      Wow that is fcuking huge! You should take some screenshots in battlerecorder. You said it cost you 20 euros, did you misspell something?!
      No it indeed cost me 20e plus driving 350km to pick it up. Looks like people don't understand the value of these things anymore. I know they still pay thousands of dollars for factory refurbished with warranty. I'm currently looking for another because there is no way to go back to 19" CRT if this one breaks! Only bad thing is that you can hardly find these at all.

Looks like this (pic found on google)

Comment

Do you have a cast iron desk to put it on or what?

Comment

we dont need 2 Topics for that

Comment

I hate CRT's....there to fat and lumpy.....My LCD's are sleek and sexy

Comment

It's just too bad that 1, I have the video card to have 2560x1600, and 2, BF2 doesn't support widescreen.

Comment

you mean high resolution?

the quality of those isnt really good, they are just big

Comment

Originally posted by Venomous Viper View Post
                  I hate CRT's....there to fat and lumpy.....My LCD's are sleek and sexy
                  Well, I love CRT's because they simply have far superior performance. And I don't care if it's big as long as it is good. I have a 20" BenQ LCD right on the side here and image quality on desktop is pretty much the same except black and colours. But in any game LCD feels bad no matter fps I have. It just feels bad and just like you'd run at 50fps all the time. But if you don't play LCD's are absolutely better.

the quality of those isnt really good, they are just big
                  Can you say Radeon 1950 Pro? Last pic is all high and the best it can do, but it's really unplayable. Just being big actually makes them damn accurate. You can improve image quality but it does not affect the information on the screen. Funny thing is that people have cards like 8800 GTX and a tiny 19 incher or 20-22" @ 1680x1050. It does not really do justice for the card. Also jpg compression decreses quality, but those are 2-4MB each in png.

BF2 doesn't support widescreen.
                  BF2 does support widescreen, it just keeps the same FOV. As you can see the weapon and hud is ok, not stretched.

I'm surprised if there are no other FW900 owners here?

Comment

bf2 does not support widescreen, you have to manually adjust the screen size, which in turn will stretch the image, so it does not support it.

Comment

Working...
                    X