not noob free anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not noob free anymore.

i played PR all night last night, mostly al basrah. i got tk'd at least 20 times. i think there should be a limit on how many tk's you can "accidently" do on all servers, the wait time should be decreased to 10 seconds if you get tk'd. most of the times i got tk'd was for a kit. i love PR and want it to be completely noob free. maybe it was just my luck, sunday night, all the retarded kids where out thinking it's fun to drive the spawn cars into the tanks and rivers, tk someone because they got the gun u want. so what im proposing for the next update is a shorter spawn time it if you get tk'd, if that is possible.

Re: not noob free anymore.

I would have to agree that reducing or removing the (extra) spawn time when you get tk'd would bring balance into the game, my squad leader got shot in the back of the head last night as he was the pilot of our helicopter. Just because some nub wanted to have a go.

I was also having trouble last night with lots of people picking up my limited kit just as I selected it from an APC, they were clearly waiting for me to select it first. Although I love having fredom with picking up kits, it would be nice if it were possible to have a timelimit on a requested kit, even a short one of say 5 seconds, to allow only those which requested to kit to pick it up.

Obviously this wouldn't work if the kit could only be picked up by the requester.

Comment

If you we're playing on devfile (as it's all al-basrah), then you'll find people doing stupid things all the time. It's a n00b server, very little teamwork. EVER. Don't play there if you want a "real" game of PR. I'm not knocking it as I play there a lot, but it's definitely not how PR was meant to be played.

All of the n00bs (it seems to me anyway) starting filtering over from vanilla when 0.5 came out. We'll see how 0.6 goes!

Comment

If you go to servers like Devfile 24/7 Al Basrah you will fine people like that(No offense to Devfile, they run a good server), but if you go to servers like Tactical Gamer, Thors Brigade and others it wont be like that as often.

Comment

Bah my pc hates Al basrah on us servers anyways..but to be honest i do want to yell at somone when they make a completely noob tk...

Also hence my statement...'its 99% n00b free'

Comment

I love PR .. however if I get on a foreign server .. my CPU crashes .. t's just a guarantee.

Comment

I thought PR had something where if you tk someone and pick up the kit, you die. Also, if you remove the extra death time for a tk, people would start TKing when they know they are going to die anyways, just so that they can respawn sooner.

Comment

There are settings to kick after a certain number of TK's, and you can also auto-kick when a player's score reaches a certain negative value. It's all down to server admins.

Also - for teamwork and a noob free environment you need good admins on the server, who pay attention to what's going on. On my server I'll often ask players if they're new to the game, to give advice on what they should think about doing - I try to discourage people from joining, say, Muttrah and leaping into a chopper when ground pounders are needed. Nothing p****s me off more than a team full of lightly armed pilots...

Also - again on the subject of unruly players, Punkbuster has a feature called "player power" which is a privilege that can be bestowed onto a server's regulars by the admin. Players with 'power points' can apply their points to unruly smacktards, in order to get them kicked, which is useful if no server admin is around ....

Edit: forgot to say - PR is still the best mod by far!

Comment

Working...
                X