City Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Maps

I’ve recently returned to BF 2 after about a year’s break and I’m a bit puzzled. I’ve always been a fan of city maps: Karkand etc but I’ve discovered that every city map I go on now is vehicle free. I used to have some great gaming trying to plant charges on a tank, or equally, stop someone planting charges on my tank.

Obviously, I still love the city maps and the game but why the change? Are there any city servers with vehicles still on?

Thanks

Cassick

So doesn't anybody know?

Re: City Maps

sadly not much. Inf only "killed" good old S@K

but when you take some time and go through the serverbrowser, you will still find some.

Comment

Welllllll, there was no infantry only back then. They had the option but we were having so much fun tank whoring that the admins didnt go for that.

I also took an exact year off and found the inf only servers to be a joy!

Comment

uk.jolt city maps server

Comment

They're still there mate, 50 Klicks still do City maps with vehicles, although 50Klicks servers have gone downhill IMO lately.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply all! I'll check out jolt and fifty clicks. But what I still don't get is why the vehicles have gone on so many servers. It seemed to work really well in my experience; what was the problem?

Cassick

Comment

well, armour whores for a start.
              As soon as the option became available for IO servers, the 'nade whores took over lol.. its six and two threes to be honest, some people just prefer IO. Like any fad, when it came out, everyone was going IO.

Comment

IO sux

Comment

the reason there is IO is because nooby ppl who cant adapt to vehicles killing them (respawning as medic or sniper after being killed by the same armor at the same spawn point) and they complain because the ppl in the armor are getting more points....they whined......

they whined about helicopters and jets killing them again and again as they TK at the runway/helipad of their uncap all round...and their jets and helos arent spawning or providing air support cuz they're raping the other uncap....

some even whined about artillery, about how it hurts, and they shouldnt run into the huge red bullseye in their minimap.....and it killed them alot and it wasnt fun and didnt give them points....

so since EVERYBODY doesnt post about what they like, instead EVERYBODY posts what they dont like, and what pisses them off......you get threads about how [insert vehicle here] pisses them off, they dont like them, they're so cheap and such a noob vehicle because it killed them over and over....and u get these posts over and over...and EA listens to the whines since its a majority of our output......the smarter and more experienced ppl who rely on skill, not nerfs to gain points and kills go unheard...

so because we have noobs who whine about vehicles killing them, EA decided to give the baby it's bottle, and cater to the crowd of whining noobs, cuz lets face it, 24/7 karkand IO FF=0 server gets more play than ANY teamwork based server with decent admin....and has more noobs.....thats why theres 10,000,000 24/7 karkand IO FF=0 servers running, and only 3 with good teamwork and good map rotation, and good ping, and populated with enough players

either that, or EA gave it to us to seperate those 'noobs' from our decent vehicle servers....

Comment

That’s the thing with games like this I suppose: a lot of people complain about bad gamers. What does puzzle me though is someone complaining about the enemy’s killing technique—surely anything goes as long as it isn’t cheating. About the only issue I have is deliberate or uncaring team killing. I suppose that was an issue with armour.

I love BF2 in every form but not using vehicles when they are one of the most impressive features of the game seems strange. I love Day of Defeat but the lack of vehicles is a sad omission. Why would BF2 deliberately rob itself of a stunning feature?

Just an opinion

Cassick

Comment

roxgaming is a great server has the best city maps WITH vechiles

Comment

Working...
                      X