Request for help with lame-o L85A1 skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for help with lame-o L85A1 skills

The M16 gets on me nerves, so I opt for the L85A1 when not playing MEC (that's right - am a I/O ho).

Overall it's an ok wep. Bullet damage is a bit girly, tho, innit?

Anyway. Problem is - when prone, the gun chews earth instead of reaping enemies. Any tips on aiming with the doggone thing when prone?

Ta!

Re: Request for help with lame-o L85A1 skills

Zoom it. Aim for the chest, not the legs, control the recoil. Unlock the G36E

Cheers

Comment

Read the sniper guide. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103651
      It's really not that long, but I read a lot.

Comment

ZOMG, my sniper guide was just recommended in a seperate thread. Not even about sniper rifles....

PEOPLE!

The L85A1 is the first tier medic unlock, not the L96A1 which is a second tier sniper unlock.

Cheers

Comment

LoL maybe he is recommending the guide because the gun has a scope and can be used to snipe.

Comment

The L85 CAN be used to snipe. I have gotten several L96 users with it. I still prefer the G36E though

Comment

G36 Sucks, M16 is way better. And it looks so more powerful, and the sound

Comment

Originally posted by =[4th]=RedLeg View Post
                And it looks so more powerful, and the sound
                You be buried with your semmingly powerful gun while i walk around pwning with my seemingly weaker gun.

g36e is sooo leet on single shot i can pwn anythin without have to wait 9 years between shots like other guns.

dariuka doesnt lke the gun i don't think.

Comment

So - any tips re the thread? :hmm:

Comment

you may be smarter than I, but..... i forgot where I was going with this :wall:

o yeah, prone, zoom, and aim for the center of the body in CQC. Crouch, zoom, single shot, and aim for the head in long distance. Really not that much we can help you with. The gun is such crap.

Cheers

Comment

thanks. that's what i thought - but then i remembered the old adage 'a bad workman blames his tools'.

i've heard in Real Life the L85 got bad reviews from soldiers in the field, too.

what i wonder is - do you sight using the tip of the 'arrow' or inside the gap of the arrow?

and naturally i have to ask, cos when i'm playing i get all excited and fluff it up!!

Comment

I'm starting to love the L85A1. Unlike the G36E the L85A1 is 1 shot kill to the head.

I genrally fire 2-3 shot burst and do not use single shot often. It is also very effective in CQC imo.

Here is a vid of me using it (its after the SVD)

2 Guns you don't see much of in frag vids. This annoyed me for a while because I wanted to see how the pros use them..Then I decided to make 1.

Comment

Just the ticket!

Enjoyed the vid. Maybe a better song might be 'I just can't get you outta my head'?

So I see - aim using the tip of the sight-marker (or whatever it's called).

I'll be trying that out ASAP. See, I need 20 kills IAR to make my Vet Medic.

(P.S. The SVD's the main reason I was a sniper so much - just a great all-round wep for getting stuck in!)

Comment

zoom in go semi and spam.. it takes 7 good shots to take em out though...

Comment

I'm lately using single shot more often and it's awesome with any gun.
                              I have problems using the L85A1 though. I can only manage it on single shot cause it sprays a lot. I find the iron sights very inaccurate. I always get a lot of hit box bugs with it.
                              But I get killed by one-shot-kills from L85A1 a lot. So in the right hands it must be an awesome weapon.

In reality the L85A1 is crappy, they are now using the L85A2 which is much better.

FipZ

Comment

Working...
                              X