"Official" Patch change list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Official" Patch change list

The players also paid money for the game. Considering that in order for companies to make games, they need money, and that people only pay money when they *like* something, I think it's more than just a little justified.

If anyone is qualified to criticise the product they are in possession of, it would be the consumer. The consumer ultimately makes-or-breaks what it sees.

Elfipso, if you are so content with letting shoddy programming go unchecked, I pity your wallet when the next R6:Lockdown gets released.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis View Post
      The players also paid money for the game. Considering that in order for companies to make games, they need money, and that people only pay money when they *like* something, I think it's more than just a little justified.

If anyone is qualified to criticise the product they are in possession of, it would be the consumer. The consumer ultimately makes-or-breaks what it sees.

Elfipso, if you are so content with letting shoddy programming go unchecked, I pity your wallet when the next R6:Lockdown gets released.
      These are the same people that say "All of EAs games suck", which means they had foreknowledge of 'EAs shortcomings' and should of stayed clear of BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis View Post

I expected a reply like yours.

You’re right. The consumer has the right to criticize the product. But it is a matter of HOW you do it.

I can’t understand that after a patch of nearly 1 gig everybody goes on complaining that the patch is to obig, that the jalalabad map is crappy and unbalanced. IO is a pain in the *** anyway. And that nearly every change they did made the game even worse…
        A smaller patch would have been too small with not enough changes or the wrong ones…

It seems that every whining gamer is a better programmer than the guys at EA/Dice.

So your crying out for new patches just to whine again.

I’m sick of reading posts like EA S*CKS etc.
        Please come on and give some constructive critics instead of p*ssing everyone at EA/Dice off by being such an ***
        Even worse, I’m pretty sure none would say that into the face of any EA dev. – but here in a quite anonymous forum….

Concerning IO, it is an addition to the normal gameplay and does not ruin the game.
        If you don’t like play on vehicle servers and everything would be fine – that easy…

FipZ

Comment

I just would like them to create a patch of stuff the public wants...and not do random stuff like...oh create Jalalabad (hate that map)...um change the MP7 to make it "more powerful" with "less ammo"...meaning they made it sucked (anyone who used the original mp7 when it was released knows what I am talking about here) and stuff like that.

It seems like they had no connection to the public and don't want to. I remember when the patch with the vehicle drop came in...and a lot of people where going "Why?"...the time used to make it could have been used more effeciently to fix something else in the game. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents lol.

Comment

My whole take on a the vehicle drop feature was that someone created that in an afternoon. It took all of 8 hours of coding. So, but yeah, they could have put more "in demand" features.

In hindsight, I think DiCE was a little too ambitious with their intial timeline to get the product on the streets. As you all recall it was about 6 months late and the rumor was that EA wanted to release it in the second quarter to help their stock. I guess we all know now that might have been half true and they really were aware of a lot of flaws.

The game was in someways behind in technology when it was released...lets be honest, because beyond the eye candy, it really was not that technologically superior or flexible to other titles already released, or about to be release...like Farcry, which had been out for some time, Halflife2 and Doom3.

They did not support WS LCDs, dualcores, and in general was a pig to load unless you had (at that time) a really high end machine, and compaired to other titles that ran much better with less requirements.

It is still a great game, but I think they set a date for release that was too soon and once they set it, they could not go back on it because the public would have cried murder when they pushed it back another year. And on the side, there were a hell of a lot of other features that never made it into the game to begin with and are missing because they did not have time to work out of the bugs.

Comment

Apparently a lot of people who like I/O mode werent here before we had I/O mode.

The facts are these. We, the players, did ask for another mode of play but the top 2 suggestions, from what I saw, were a death mode and a capture the flag mode. If you read any of the threads posted before the I/O mode came to be you wont find it mentioned anywhere on this forum.

Either of these modes, Im not a programmer by the way, should have been easy to create. The death mode requires the ability to respawn removed and thats all it needs. The capture the flag mode needs the map to have one flag, not includeing the uncaps, in the center of the map and a round with a time limit. At the end of the time limit, who ever holds the center flag wins.

I really dont see how it would be that hard to create either death mode or capture the flag mode. It would have made a lot more sense to do this and they were asked for too. Didnt they ask for our input?

Dont get me wrong I still like BF2 but shouldnt the patches fix current problems and make the game better? Im still waiting for that. . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Working...
              X