Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF 2 freezes in MP

Hi
    Maybe someone of You have the same problem or know a solution.
    I recently reinstalled my old XP Professional SP1 to XP Prof SP2.On older specs all was ok.Now every time i click join.I am like 3 seconds in game and then my CPU freezes.Nothing helps i must hard restart CPU.Strange thing is that it happens on old Nvidia drivers,94.20 and 158.16 as well but !! only in Multiplayer!.
    I Loaded Singleplayer,even Project REality mod in singleplayer with 64 maps,and everything runs smooth.Game only freezes in MP.I updated punkbuster too,but does not help.What could be the problem?can it be my connection issue? but if yes it should be just big lag/ping,or dc (as i had on my older XP) not entirely freezed CPU.Any ideas guys?!

Re: BF 2 freezes in MP

Specs?

Comment

proc:AMD 64 3000+
      mobo:Gigabyte K8NF9
      Graphic: Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT 128 DDR 3
      drivers XtremeG forceware 158.16
      RAM:2x512 Kingston 400 MHz, 2x512 Kingston(Nanya)400MHz = 2gb in double Dual.
      I've never had such problems in the past.I dunno what's the problem.Why game freezes in multiplayer.It looks like it's graphical problem but if that's true,game should freeze in Singleplayer as well,because SP is more power eating.

Comment

i had an X850XT that only froze in MP, so it could be the GFX going...

Comment

2 things are against version with graphic card being fu***d up :
          1.STALKER is doing surprisingly well on these settings.(STALKER needs more CPU resources to work smoothly)
          2.Game works in singleplayer very good.
          Today i tested BF2 on 16 ppl server.IT froze up after 2 seconds.Then i loaded map for 64 bots on singleplayer- everything works fine.I just don't get it.Now I'll try to reinstall the game.

Comment

could be a network problem? are all you ports open that BF2 needs?

Comment

What is your internet connection like?

Comment

it's like T1 around 1-2 Mb/s.I dunno about ports(btw i have my XP SP2 firewall turned on,i tried BF2 with it turned off -does not help).DO you think that game can freeze just like that because net connection is not stable? usually it just disconnects.I tried other online game -lineage2 it works good,no network problems.Maybe i didn't set properly my XPSP2 during installation?but in that case whole net should be not working.
                EDIT
                I just tried disabling XPFirewall once again.Does not help.

Comment

its really hard to say, maybe reformat? if you can?

Comment

currently i am hunting similar problems on the net.I've found one guy that had exact same problem with BF2 lockup on map startup in MP.It may be connected with windows XP SP2.I emailed him and waiting for answer.

EDIT
                    He answered.He told me that he wrote to EA Support.The answer for his problem was to update his MOBO drivers.I'll see if the same thing is with my problem.

WORKS!!!!!
                    If Your BF2 freezes instantly in Multiplayer, and You have installed windows with SP2 try to update your MOBO Drivers it helped me!

Comment

Originally posted by H2HSnake View Post
                      WORKS!!!!!
                      If Your BF2 freezes instantly in Multiplayer, and You have installed windows with SP2 try to update your MOBO Drivers it helped me!
                      you are speaking about the MoBo - chipset drivers for WinXP or the MoBo Bios?

Comment

chipset drivers for MOBO.Drivers i always installed was from my MOBO cd so they were older than XP SP2 .

Comment

Working...
                        X