Help please: CD Key issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please: CD Key issue

After installing Vista, I went to install BF2 & SF, but can't find my BF2 CD key. Is there a place on my hard drive I can find my CD key?

I can't get hold of EA to ask them. Considering how much money I've spent over the past two years on BF2 and expansions and hardware upgrades to run the focking game, this is kind of p1ssing me off.

Re: Help please: CD Key issue

No you cannot find it on your system. You'll need to contact EA or buy another key.

Comment

If you had previously installed it on your current system, there is a way to look it up in your registry I believe.

Otherwise, you're out of luck

Comment

The CD key is stored in the Windows registry so if you formatted your previous Windows drive to install Vista it's gone.

Even if you had access to your old OS (e.g. a disk image or another partition), the key is not stored in plain text since patch 1.03 and it's tied to a specific Windows account so you couldn't even copy the registry key to another OS or system. The only way to get it would be if you had a system restore point from before you installed the 1.03 (or later) patch; then you could get the key from the registry.

Comment

Working...
        X