Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec Ops Guide

Hello, fellow twitchy dudes with RSI

The following Spec Ops tips were given me in response to my ASSAULT N BATTERY post. So - first thing - a big shout to SPOOKIUS for getting it started.

As I'm being owned by souped up Spec Ops dudes, I think it due time we chewed some fat on this overlooked class. Overlooked? Yes - mostly due to its difficulty to play - no obvious bells and whistles for the brats n stat whores, but see below for Spec Ops' sneaky potential.....

Enjoy. :evil:

Spec Ops weps

Main Wep
    I'm not all too fond of the AK-74u, but all Specops primary weapons have 2 things in common. They have good accuracy, and a good fire rate. Despite being marginally less powerful than assault or medic weaps, this gives them the ability to be effective in both close quarers and long range. I love using the M4 or the G36c as a sniper for quick opportune headshots, and I don't have the SCAR but I've stolen quite a few in my day and it's basically like the M4 plus power.

On single-shot the Spec Ops becomes a real marksman. Since I started taking this class seriously, I've discovered the potential of supporting your team/ squad thru taking out sneaky Snipers and Support dudes from back aways.

Pistol
    Another good point of Specops is the silent pistol. Many overlook it, but it is in reality hella useful. Next time you come upon 3 or 4 enemies who are unaware of you and you think "damn I'm only gunna get 2 of them before the others spot me", don't waste the time pulling a grenade pin, bust out the pistol! They'll never know where you are and once all dead will feel like fools for losing a 4v1 against someone with a pistol.

Also - finishing off dudes with a suppressed pistol adds to the confusion. Don't forget - the pistol has a mean range on it, and if folks don't hear the shots, it's harder for em to spot you.

C4

Do you want fries with that kill?.

Trappers' Delite:
    Another great use is as a trap for pursuers. Next time a soldier is chasing you through alleyways or a building, just switch out the C4, don't waste the valuable time by turning to put it on a wall or anything, just look downward and drop it was you keep runnning. Do a quick estimate in your head of how far behind you the guy is and then click it. Even if he does not get killed most times he'll see the explosion and either run away or settle down and wait for you to come back - everyone is afraid of C4. By this time you should've found some cover, and are ready to counterattack.

IED:
    Other effective means of C4 are placing them in unexpected places, such as on low ceilings of a room, works charms. My personal favourite is tossing them onto medic/ammo packs, or dead players' duffelbang thingies. This makes them invisible, and someone hoping for new weapons/health/ammo gets fatal G-force and shrapnel instead.

Driveby:
    As for C4, we all know how fun it is to slap some onto a vehicle cruising by and then watch it stop dead as a smoking black heap.

We all know the fun of using suicide cars strapped with C4 to kill, but let me outline some tips for doing so:[LIST][*]Place the C4 accorindingly on the vehicle. Usually you'll want it right on the front so you can just ram an enemy vehicle and then jum out, but placing it on the sides makes for good surprises. I even took out a hovering black hawk with a Vodnik that had C4 on the top once.[*]If you're going to take out a tank with your suicide mobile, when approaching it, swerve crazily for a second or two, then drive straight at it. This messes up the gunner(s) and helps save you from getting blasted or riddled full much of the time.[*]Remember to get close to them before you jump, because BF2 vehicles have magical hand brakes that go on basically as soon as you get out, so it won't travel far after you bail.[*]If you've placed C4 on the front of your car, after jumping out, run to the left a bit, as the C4 usually propels them backwards and sometimes right over you.

Bad Easter Eggz:
    Something else I love to do is trap vehicles. Slap C4 on enemy vehicles and await a driver to hop in. There is no word in english to describe the feeling of placing C4 on the underside of a bomber, hopping in the grass, watching it take off, allowing the pilot a good 20 seconds to think hes safely in flight, and then clicking it and seeing the kill words casually come up. Orgasmic comes close, but not quite.

Nasty:
    Some dudes I've seen throw the C4, dip behind cover and let it rip. I've been owned by dudes using this on Jalal a lot, for some reason. Myself - I ain't got the coordination or pc setup to make it before I'm your toast.

C4ing commander assets is too straight forward, I won't bother talking about that.

One Up The Back Alley:
    And don't forget that ole standby - C4 flags. It's hated and on some servers a banned - but let's face it, we can't all be Support, Snipers or Medics and I think it's a fair rearguard tactic. If it's in the game - why kick for it? (Another post topic there maybe?)

Okay - thassall folks. Please comment and add more. And again - thanks to Spookius for the meat this post. I just brought the cutlery.

Re: Spec Ops Guide

nice work man. useful.

Comment

Cheers! WOW - quick reply there.

Yeah - I guess C4 is the most creatiev aspect of the class, so deserves more attention.

Forgot to add - FYIs - that Spec Ops can suck for CQB. So - use your scopes and your noggin, remember your training and you will survive.

Comment

Originally posted by RUDEnKRUDE View Post

The following Spec Ops tips were given me in response to my ASSAULT N BATTERY post. So - first thing - a big shout to SPOOKIUS for getting it started.
        Thanks bro. I love the way you post, lol.

Comment

Nice post, but one thing I think should be eliminated from the game is the whole "running into a crowd, throwing C4, and running out" crap. Now, don't get me wrong, I love C4, and have done this from time to time. But it is disheartening when you see teammates blown up by highly-concentrated explosives, only for the enemy spec-ops to get up again and continue. Even MORE annoying is when it happens on yourself...

Dont know of a way to stop this, but I am sure I am not the only one that hates this.

Comment

Update on Spec Ops Guide

Updated - with new flavours!

Originally posted by RUDEnKRUDE View Post
            Hello, fellow twitchy dudes with RSI

As I'm being owned by souped up Spec Ops dudes, I think it due time we chewed some fat on this overlooked class. Overlooked? Yes - mostly due to its difficulty to play - no obvious bells and whistles for the brats n stat whores, but see below for Spec Ops' sneaky potential.....

Enjoy. :evil:

Spec Ops weps

Main Wep
            I'm not all too fond of the AK-74u, but all Specops primary weapons have 2 things in common. They have good accuracy, and a good fire rate. Despite being marginally less powerful than assault or medic weaps, this gives them the ability to be effective in both close quarers and long range. I love using the M4 or the G36c as a sniper for quick opportune headshots, and I don't have the SCAR but I've stolen quite a few in my day and it's basically like the M4 plus power.

The Scar-L is like the 1st unlock except a little less accurate and a little more powerful. It has a red dot scope on it so you can "snipe" people with it. The key to get it to fire accurately is to:
            • put it on single shot
            • wait 1.5 seconds
            • rinse and repeat

I've timed it out, and for me 1.5 always works. It's really deadly in CQC. Just remember to put it back on full auto, I always forget too. [Cheers Hitman!]

On single-shot the Spec Ops becomes a real marksman. Since I started taking this class seriously, I've discovered the potential of supporting your team/ squad thru taking out sneaky Snipers and Support dudes from back aways.

Pistol
            Another good point of Specops is the silent pistol. Many overlook it, but it is in reality hella useful. Next time you come upon 3 or 4 enemies who are unaware of you and you think "damn I'm only gunna get 2 of them before the others spot me", don't waste the time pulling a grenade pin, bust out the pistol! They'll never know where you are and once all dead will feel like fools for losing a 4v1 against someone with a pistol.

Also - finishing off dudes with a suppressed pistol adds to the confusion. Don't forget - the pistol has a mean range on it, and if folks don't hear the shots, it's harder for em to spot you.

C4

Do you want fries with that kill?.

Trappers' Delite:
            Another great use is as a trap for pursuers. Next time a soldier is chasing you through alleyways or a building, just switch out the C4, don't waste the valuable time by turning to put it on a wall or anything, just look downward and drop it was you keep runnning. Do a quick estimate in your head of how far behind you the guy is and then click it. Even if he does not get killed most times he'll see the explosion and either run away or settle down and wait for you to come back - everyone is afraid of C4. By this time you should've found some cover, and are ready to counterattack.

IED:
            Other effective means of C4 are placing them in unexpected places, such as on low ceilings of a room, works charms. My personal favourite is tossing them onto medic/ammo packs, or dead players' duffelbang thingies. This makes them invisible, and someone hoping for new weapons/health/ammo gets fatal G-force and shrapnel instead.

Driveby:
            As for C4, we all know how fun it is to slap some onto a vehicle cruising by and then watch it stop dead as a smoking black heap.

We all know the fun of using suicide cars strapped with C4 to kill, but let me outline some tips for doing so:[LIST][*]Place the C4 accorindingly on the vehicle. Usually you'll want it right on the front so you can just ram an enemy vehicle and then jum out, but placing it on the sides makes for good surprises. I even took out a hovering black hawk with a Vodnik that had C4 on the top once.[*]If you're going to take out a tank with your suicide mobile, when approaching it, swerve crazily for a second or two, then drive straight at it. This messes up the gunner(s) and helps save you from getting blasted or riddled full much of the time.[*]Remember to get close to them before you jump, because BF2 vehicles have magical hand brakes that go on basically as soon as you get out, so it won't travel far after you bail.[*]If you've placed C4 on the front of your car, after jumping out, run to the left a bit, as the C4 usually propels them backwards and sometimes right over you.

Bad Easter Eggz:
            Something else I love to do is trap vehicles. Slap C4 on enemy vehicles and await a driver to hop in. There is no word in english to describe the feeling of placing C4 on the underside of a bomber, hopping in the grass, watching it take off, allowing the pilot a good 20 seconds to think hes safely in flight, and then clicking it and seeing the kill words casually come up. Orgasmic comes close, but not quite.

Nasty:
            Some dudes I've seen throw the C4, dip behind cover and let it rip. I've been owned by dudes using this on Jalal a lot, for some reason. Myself - I ain't got the coordination or pc setup to make it before I'm your toast.

C4ing commander assets is too straight forward, I won't bother talking about that.

One Up The Back Alley:
            And don't forget that ole standby - C4 flags. It's hated and on some servers a banned - but let's face it, we can't all be Support, Snipers or Medics and I think it's a fair rearguard tactic. If it's in the game - why kick for it? (Another post topic there maybe?)

Okay - thassall folks. Please comment and add more. And again - thanks to Spookius for the meat this post. I just brought the cutlery.

Comment

Nice tips dude..thanks!

Comment

Well, lads (n laddettes)...

Just followed all the tips on Vehicle servers and had a MENTAL time.

Nice!

No more IO maps for me! They were right getting on my udders, anyways.

Now am actually enjoyin BF2 again.

But is the G36C worth it? I've a choice between that n the DAO.

I hate AT class, but if the DAO ups the fun quotient, I may go for it.

Any thoughts?

Comment

good man! no...GREAT!

Comment

I was debating whether the G36C, or the PKM, but thought, spec ops would be more satisfying yeah? so went with it. Quite powerful, virtually no recoil in single shot, even if you shoot quickly, I'd sugest the G36c

Comment

Pistol thing is so true, ive done that as sniper, only person who knows where you are is the dead guy i actually did that with my last clp and was able to lave area without anyone ever knoing i was there.

Comment

nice tips

Comment

Working...
                        X