Rolling Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Repairs

Ok, as you probably know, engineers in vehicles repair teammates vehicles near them. Well, I was playing with 2 of my friends last night on 32 player Dalian Plant. We were US, and spawned at the docks. They grabbed a tank, I took a DPV. I stayed near them, repaired them after long battles, and attacked infantry. My plan worked like a charm, and we racked up atleast 6 kills per death .

Anyone else have engineer tips and tricks?

Re: Rolling Repairs

Sit on the carrier and repair the Essex, defending it too, of course. Works best on a map like Gulf of Oman, I think. Even if you're not in the Essex, you get repair points.

Comment

LOL obviously no one flew a chopper at all that round, 1 easy TV shot would have made quick work of your little repair entourage over and over again, i tend to go on non chopper heavy maps like songhua for the repair goodness, maps like dalian and dragon are suicide for armour convoys.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
        Anyone else have engineer tips and tricks?
        use the wrench

Comment

i like to go prone underneath the armor to repair...keeps me out of harms way.....

also, if anyone gets into a blackhawk, and im engineeer, ill jump in jus so i can take a back seat and wrench away

i dont play engy much......so i dont have any decent tips....mine are kinda noobish

Comment

I usually play engi when I use armor. I love to grab a tank or AA for Zatar. It's so great. Anywho.

Play engi, whore armor.

Comment

I have seen people go prone on the back of a tank, right behind the turret, and just followed the tank. A pretty good idea I think. Otherwise I try to jump in a tank and get together with the APCs in a squad on Karkand. We travel together and pwn like hell .

Comment

What I do is go under th APC, right under it, I'm safe here most of the time and when APC starts moveing I just hit E.

Comment

An utterly amazing strategy I have only been able to use properly one time in a Kubra server goes as follows. 2 Tanks, one AA, and 6 men. Tank 1 is driven by an engineer and also carries a support trooper. Tank 2 is driven by a medic and also caries an engineer. The AA is driven by a medic and also carries a suport trooper. Staying in formation close together, this armoured squad is DEVASTATING on the battlefield. Effective against any target, and equipped with the supplies to keep the vehicles armoured and stocked with ammunition, and the exposed troops healthy, this method is a huge threat to the enemy. Sure it can be beaten by several different means, but will usually at least give the enemy commander one hell of a headache before subsiding. Another plus is with 2 engineers on board, destroyed bridges pose no obstacle to the team, which is usually one of the only effectice/simple ways to stop armor movement.

It is hard as hell to find teammates cooperative to set up, not to mention staying alive long enough to set up, but if done right, you can dominate.
                  The one and only time I was a part of this strategy, I was one of the engys and I operated the MG on one of the tanks, and I only got 4 kills myself, but between the 3 vehicles we got a good 25-35 or so kills and capped 3 different flags before being eliminated. We took out other tanks/APCs, several foot soldiers, and 3 helos. . We never managed to take down a jet, but with the AA platform, plus 2 additional .50 MGs, it wouldn't be all that hard to do. Basically the jets didn't **** with us in that map, which we were fortunate for, but I still think we could've beaten them.

TRY IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Spookius View Post
                    An utterly amazing strategy I have only been able to use properly one time in a Kubra server goes as follows. 2 Tanks, one AA, and 6 men. Tank 1 is driven by an engineer and also carries a support trooper. Tank 2 is driven by a medic and also caries an engineer. The AA is driven by a medic and also carries a suport trooper. Staying in formation close together, this armoured squad is DEVASTATING on the battlefield. Effective against any target, and equipped with the supplies to keep the vehicles armoured and stocked with ammunition, and the exposed troops healthy, this method is a huge threat to the enemy. Sure it can be beaten by several different means, but will usually at least give the enemy commander one hell of a headache before subsiding. Another plus is with 2 engineers on board, destroyed bridges pose no obstacle to the team, which is usually one of the only effectice/simple ways to stop armor movement.

It is hard as hell to find teammates cooperative to set up, not to mention staying alive long enough to set up, but if done right, you can dominate.
                    The one and only time I was a part of this strategy, I was one of the engys and I operated the MG on one of the tanks, and I only got 4 kills myself, but between the 3 vehicles we got a good 25-35 or so kills and capped 3 different flags before being eliminated. We took out other tanks/APCs, several foot soldiers, and 3 helos. . We never managed to take down a jet, but with the AA platform, plus 2 additional .50 MGs, it wouldn't be all that hard to do. Basically the jets didn't **** with us in that map, which we were fortunate for, but I still think we could've beaten them.

TRY IT.
                    You did point it out, but I still want to clarify that it really is VERY easy to blow up all of you. One run with a SU-34 with or without a co-pilot would easily get you. Also a TV shot from a chopper getting the AA, and then the two tanks would also eliminate you.

Comment

Yep. It's nowhere near invincible, but it IS devastating and also a lot of fun to pull off. Try to save it for a match where your fighters and attack choppers are giving the enemy's airforce a run for their money. Enough of a run to take all their attention off you or possibly ground them. Then you and your big metal death machine are free to control the map.:evil:

EDIT: Something that never occured to me until just now, would be to include an APC in the group carrying only one man, who is a squadleader. This would provide for a mobile spawn point that is very well defended. Picture trying to defend a flag against a big tightly knit slab of steel weilding 2 cannons, a 35mm (assuming thats the APC weapon), 2 .50 cal MGs, and Anti Air capabilities, which also repairs and rearms itself, works as a rolling hospital, and constantly spawns men who charge at you under its cover fire.

OH. Got a boner.

Comment

For the Brits, Jim wont fix this one! You have to get out there and work like the grease monkey you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spookius View Post

TRY IT.
                          im a bomber whore so 1 bombing run and urall dead!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                          X