Beginer with a few problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginer with a few problems

ok, im sure my main problem has nothing to do with the client of BF2, whenever I join a server and my ping is about 50-100, its fine, sometimes i lag a little but i can play about 2-4 houres no problems, but then all of a sudden it gets laggier then ****, Im warping all over the place but my connection still says like 50, 100 whatever is a low enough conection to play on.

Ive also got a couple questions, my first question is ; What do those white bars mean in the kit selection menu, theyre white, and have 2 arrows pointing right, what do they mean? And do I have to get basic award in all weapons before I can rank one up again? because Ive been using a sniper forever now, and about 3 other basic awards, but my sniper badge hasnt ranked up, im rank 2 btw.

Thanks guys

Re: Beginer with a few problems

What are your system specs? I'm thinking that may be the reason for your lag spikes. Generally you'll need 1 gig of ram to play this game unhindered. You'd be best to shoot for 1.5 to 2 gigs of ram, that much will rum bf2 all day witout problems. Also you should make sure you Gpix card is supported. It may still work even if it isn't supported, but could cause problems such as you have described. If it isn't there are plenty of low cost cards that will handle BF2. Also make sure you update your drivers.....all of them.

Part 2

arrows are how you select unlocks

no you don't have to get all basic awards before ranking up (you will need them in order to get first sergeant and sergeant major. These are optional ranks, you will be promoted to Master Sergeant and Master Gunnery Sergeant instead of 1st Sgt and Sgt Maj if you don't have the badges).

It doesn't matter how long you have been using a kit when trying to get basic badges, you'll need 10 kills in one round......thats it, no time requirement, just 10 kills. If you are on a ranked server, that doesn't experience and error of some kind (rarely happens), and get 10 kills you'll get your badge.

Comment

i think hes talking about the stamina thingy arrows.

3 bars means that the kit doesnt have that much body armor, but u can sprint longer distances

2 bars means u have some body armor but u sprint shorter distances

Comment

ok thanks guys, but trust me its not a hardware issue, Ive been playing games long enough to tell if its hardware or connection.

Comment

Working...
        X