Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubra Dam Question

Hey guys

Yesterday I was commanding for MEC at Kubra Dam.
    The US commander used some rude words in order to tell me I was not allowed to use arty on his airbase. Looking at the map, the only UNCAP base is 'Abandened Huts', which is quite a distance from the Airfield. Now the airfield has no flag and no name.

My question: Is the US airfield on Kubra UNCAP or not?

We had a good win, and my opponent might not have liked the game, but if I have artied an UNCAP base, I hereby AM truly sorry.

Re: Kubra Dam Question

if you cant cap it it's a uncap

Comment

Sometimes there is a server rule saying "No arty on enemy airfield!"
      I would say the airfield at kubra is not an uncap...

FipZ

Comment

that's pathetic, theres the no uncap rule which i can semi understand, but telling you that you cannot attack the MEc airfield even if its arty is just retarded, my server has the no uncap rule that i hate but if one team has an airfield that is not uncap rape away, it is not an uncap for a reason, it is meant to strip airpower away from your enemy which means it is a vital flag to both attack and defend. thats just going to far, he should have switched to the US team if he didn't want to get jet raped, thats why most servers have teamswitch 2 round maps, so everyone has their turn on each side.

edit, read your post again, US airfield both spawns are uncap, mec airfield both spawns are there for the taking, US north uncap is jets attack heli, southern is BH tanks apcs, as far as i know every map except sharqi the US has an uncap, (atleast in vanilla) and mashtuur where noone has an uncap.

Comment

papa, I beleive you are talking about the USMC airfield, right?

It is considered as an uncap even if there is no flag above it. The commander was completely right, I'm afraid.

Comment

Well, it's like the two spawn US points at Karkand. They are not cappable but get raped alot (at least in IO)
            Or the airfield at operation clean sweep...

The US airfield is kind of an uncap spawnpoint but so is every area without a flag.
            In the end I think it's everyones own resposability to arty the airfield or not...
            Difficult decision, anyway. Maybe I fast a bit too fast with my first post.

But I can just imagine 10 guys waiting for the chopper at the airfield when arty comes :laugh:

FipZ

Comment

Good to see you here Doggie (=SFV=)
              It was the US one, and I can understand the doubt.
              (as you already see in the different replies here)

I have done some research, and it states that the UNCAP Abanded Huts has jets (although far away from it), which means the airfield is part of this UNCAP.
              Whoever the commander was (someone with a $ in his name), I am truly sorry. (Although his language was unacceptable)

Comment

Good to see you here too, papa.
                I wouldn't have kicked for artying once or twice, but repeated artying on uncap isn't really fair imho.

Comment

The airfield is a part of the abondoned huts. You can spawn at 2 points there, you can't capture either of them, so it is an uncappable base. I think you should be able to arty airfields so you can stop the flow of j-10 raping whores and helicopters, but not continuous, just if you are behind by a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X