X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What headset?

do i need to use the ingame voice servers? is it a USB one? or will any do

Re: What headset?

pretty much any will do, but from what seen the USB mic's seem to have a lot of problems with BF2's voip. you may want to stick with standard 3.5mm connectors.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I don't have a USB headphone but the USB part sucks, the part that goes into the computer always breaks off of mine... then I get suckered into buying a really expensive namebrand one because it won't break as easily. Then it breaks... so I go buy the l33t one, have no idea how to use it, so I just don't use it... anyways. lol. i use a built in mic. in my puter.

Comment

i have a mic, like a desktopp one not a hreadset, but u need a headset dont you for it to work? cuz that sound testin thing u get when u install the game, cant get my mic to work on it, yet it works on everything else

Comment

all logitechs break stay far away.

Comment

go to control panal, sounds and audio devices, and click the audio tab. select the appropriate stuff for sound input (mic) and output (speakers).

Comment

Originally posted by KaotiK360 View Post
              i have a mic, like a desktopp one not a hreadset, but u need a headset dont you for it to work? cuz that sound testin thing u get when u install the game, cant get my mic to work on it, yet it works on everything else
              The sound test program has never worked for me (always crashes) but either headset or separate mic work fine in-game.

Comment

i have a logitech "extreme pc gaming headset" or somesh*t, and the sound quality is like, really decent. the mic is good on it, good sound quality.

however, my little bro has this old no-name brand mic and it has truly exceptional sound quality. I paid like $4.99 for it and its got better voice quality than my $45 logitech headset. kinda ironic if you think about it...

but yeah, dont get the usb headsets cause they blow, get one with the standard 3.5mm pin. any will do, even a standalone mic.

Comment

i have a standalone mic going into my soundcard, and headphones that come from my stereo system that my PC is hooked up to......i think its most ideal.....

Comment

hmm i cant hear anyone in game tho? and noone can hear me? how do i get it all workin :|

Comment

Most famously, problems like that lie with your audio options, go into advanced first off to double check to see nothing is turning down or disabled. Perhaps on a futher field one of your drivers may need reinstalled.

Comment

altho someone just told me.. you can only use the voice if your in a squad>? so with members of squad only? i thought it was kinda like xbox live just free talking?

Comment

You have to be in a squad, then you can talk to your squadmembers by pushing/holding "B".
                          If you are squadleader you can communicate with the commander by pushing "V"

If you are not in a squad you can't communicate via voip.

My first headset btw was a cheap one (about 8 Euro) and it worked pretty good. But the cable was a bit too short, so I broke it one day by turning my head to heavily :laugh:

I got a new one, a bit more expensive (20 Euro), longer cable and more comfortable and it works fine.
                          No need to buy leet stuff for insane money....

FipZ

Comment

only some servers have voip enabled (i think it should be displayed in the server browser) so if its not working, it may be the server you are in

Comment

Turtle Beach 5.1 surround sound headphones.

Comment

Working...
                              X