Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few easy questions take a quick look!

Hi folks got a few simple questions:

1) Can you change your display/user name?

2) What is the scoring system eg. how many points do you get for giving ammo, killing people, reviving people etc?

3) How do you dolphin dive? (I know its gay but if other people do it and kill me, I want to do it back)

4) Anyone suggest any good UK based servers?

Thanks for any help
    cheers

Re: few easy questions take a quick look!

1. No
    2. 2 points for killing someone capturing or neutralizing a flag and revivng some one. 1 point fo healing or reapairing and all asits.

3. dont sink to their level

4. no

Comment

1) No, create a new soldier name, meaning new account, only thing you can alter is the tag before your display name.

2) Ammo+1, Kills+2, Reviving(unsure)+2.

3) Jump and press Z in midair.

4) No sorry.

Comment

thanks alot for both of your quick responses!

LOL to DesertFalcon's comment on Dolphin diving! i was interested to how people do it...tbh I am confident enough in killing without it, although I've always wanted to try it!

cheers

Comment

Dolphin diving will get you killed more often than you get that kill; or save your own behind.

Don't bother with it. Not many do.

Comment

Only do it if a tank is shooting you

Comment

u mite have to press z multiple times when ur in midair, but i wouldnt try it. u can maybe jump around alot which is what i do when i dont have any bullets left and theyre too far away to knife.

Comment

1. You can add prefix's in the login screen. That's all. I know, kinda sucks.

2. Ammo, 1 point, heal, 1 point, revive, 2 points. I think all that's right.

3. Run, jump, hit Z to go prone.

4. I'm US. So don't know many U.K. Servers, just look around, you'll find something you like.

Comment

How to get started in Battlefield 2, with a little bit of information about the game itself:

Maps - There are two maps in Battlefield 2:
                  Strike At Karkand
                  Road to Jalalabad

Classes - There are three classes in Battlefield 2:
                  Medic
                  Support
                  Sniper

Gameplay Modes - Two Amazing Gameplay Modes to Choose From - Variety is the spice of life
                  Multiplayer Infantry Only FF=OFF
                  SinglePlayer Infantry Only FF=OFF

How to Play The Game!

Getting Started:
                  You are new to this game. Because of your lack of experience in the game, you should join a multiplayer server. This is because participants in singleplayer do not like to play with unskilled opponents, as it ruins their fun.

Choose a server - this can be either 24/7 IO Karkand FF=OFF, or 24/7 IO Jalalabad FF=OFF. I know what you're thinking - no wonder this game is so popular, there is such a huge selection of servers available.

Before joining this server, you need to set up all your video settings. Do you have a computer with SLI-8800GTXs and a Core 2 Quad with at least 2GB of RAM? Set all settings to low, and resolution to 640x480. Have you got a GeForce FX5200, an Intel
                  ® Pentium 2 processor with *MMX Instruction Sets*? Set everything to high, with 8x Anti-Aliasing, and a resolution of 1920x1440.

Now, you can join your server of choice. If you have the faster computer mentioned, it's time to join a random internet forum and make 5-50 threads about how horrid the graphics are in this game. This will ensure you are a member of the cool kids club - and you will earn your first ribbon, the Post Padding ribbon.

If, however, you have the slower computer, you will need to create 5-50 threads asking why Battlefield 2 does not start up. Do not give any information about your computer, or your video settings - you already know, in your infinite knowledge, that h337 l4xx0rs can use this data to hack into your secret files and... copy them, and whatever else you saw in "War Games". This will also give you your first ribbon.

You will of course, notice that your rank in the forum does not match with your BFHQ rank - make 5 more threads asking why. It is well known that your BFHQ rank can be telepathically retrieved by any website, so it would be criminal for a website to not use your BFHQ rank.

Finally, to play the game:

1.) Select your spawn point. This must be the forward-most spawn point, because it is well known that enemies cannot sneak past a wall of 32 people on any sized map.

2.) Select your kit - there are three kits in the game as said before. There may be pictures of other kits, but they are just booby traps planted by your enemies - do not pick them, EVER!

3.) Play! This differs for each kit:

Medic Kit:

1.) Spawn. You will see a lot of team-mates dying due to oncoming grenade fire. Attempt to revive them by throwing medic packs at them. Don't worry if you are unsuccessful - reviving takes a significant amount of skill, and with experience, you will be reviving deceased friends in seconds, like the more experienced players around.

2.) If you hear a dead body saying "Medic" once or twice, this means they withdraw consent for you to revive them. Be a gentleman and leave them there. This works best deep behind enemy lines.

3.) Spot boats as frequently as possible using the commo-rose. This will eventually teleport you to the rearmost enemy flag. It is imperative that you do this - your team's chances of winning or losing depend heavily on this.

Support Kit:

1.) Spawn at the Hotel flag regions in Karkand, or the foremost flags in Jalalabad - the lesser skilled players will spawn at other flag-points, for what seems to be no reason at all. They might type things in chat such as "SPAWN AT FACTORY FFS, THERE ARE ENEMIES THERE", ignore this. There is no such chat feature built into this game, so obviously these players are cheating. Submit several reports to EA Customer Services explaining their actions. These reports must be 10 words or less, and you must NOT include a screenshot or video link.

2.) Find a hill, or a building. Switch to grenades, use your left-mouse button to launch these grenades at a populated spot, preferably the areas in which people spawn in. This will allow you to get as many kills as possible - an extremely accurate indicator of your skill level.

3.) You may run out of grenades at one point. Switch to ammunition packs, throw these at your feet, and repeat step 2. These ammunition packs are for you, and you ONLY. Never share these with others. If someone steals your ammunition packs, you should team-kill them, which will be relatively difficult in the FF=OFF game mode.

Give a soldier a gun, he kills one or two. Give that guy a sack of grenades, they all **** their pants. ~ Maj. Gen. Carter

Sniper Kit:

1.) Spawn. You will notice you have several items in your sniper kit - a silenced pistol, combat knife, 2 claymores (your primary weapon, as a sniper) and 3 grenades - your personal defense mechanism. There may be an additional item that looks like a long metallic pole - ignore it, it's probably useless.

2.) Run to a populated flag region, and drop your 2 claymores at any possible location, and stay back. This is where Battlefield 2's teamwork functionality comes in. Find a support player, and steal his personal ammunition packs.

3.) Wait until you register kills from both claymores, then plant the two more that somehow were contained in a small pouch which originally had machine gun rounds in it. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

If you happen to be in direct contact with the enemy, you should drop your "Personal Defence Weapons", i.e. grenades, at your feet. A sniper should NEVER be in direct contact with the enemy, where direct contact means that they have their crosshairs pointed at you, and you don't. It's alright if you hop like a rabbit through a dense combat zone and drop your claymores - that's what real snipers do too.

Another neat part of sniper gameplay, is star-gazing. The people at DICE were considerate enough to put this incredibly important aspect of modern-warfare into the game. Just select the long metal object in your kit (telescope) and look at the beautiful sky. See if you can identify a few constellations...

Well, there you have it. The ultimate guide to mastering the Battlefield 2 experience. This guide was a product of high sugar & caffeine content in the bloodstream of the author, combined with several hours of lack of sleep which were used to robotically format a document in a method similiar to this guide, and now I'm locked in this f*cking pattern till at least Wednesday.

Ah well. Enjoy.

Comment

The above beginners guide is the best i have ever read. Nice job!

Comment

i wish someone told me that stuff back when i was a little noob

Comment

Originally posted by Great Sjul View Post
                        The above beginners guide is the best i have ever read. Nice job!
                        I surely hope you are being sarcastic....

Awesome read though...lol

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the guide remembers me of one guide available on the internet with the same ironical touch to it :P
                          so f*cking funny

Comment

BBUK (BodyBags UK)
                            UK Warfare
                            Bamboo Commandos

To name but three good servers.

Your best bet in a non technical way, is to click the Multiplayer tab when you start BF2 and then sort by ping. You will soon have a list of a few Favourites after a couple of days playing.

Alternatively have a look in the Clan section of this site, there you will get IP addresses and can have a look for yourself (You don't HAVE to join a clan but in my experience game enjoyment improves a lot when playing alongside friends )

Comment

thanks alot for all help guys this forum is one of the best iv been on!

btw I have a last question - I go to find my Player ID number in the folder gp.info but all I see is the number 2??

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X