Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 Lagg (ping is good, connection is great!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Lagg (ping is good, connection is great!)

Ok everytime latly when i play i can get about 10 minutes of gameplay before the game appears to lagg, get jumpy n stuff, i check my ping and its down at 30 > 40. I tryed it on SP and it does it in that too! Am using patch 1.41. I did a fresh reboot of my comp last night and its still doing it!

Comp Spec:
    Windows XP Professional (service pack 2)
    Intel(R)
    Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz
    1.75GB of RAM
    80 GB Hard drive
    10MB internet connection

Now i don't know if having my "My Documents" as a Seperate hard drive and not just a folder in C drive would cause any problems? Would it?

Any help would be great guys n gals.

Thanks, Garf3r

Re: BF2 Lagg (ping is good, connection is great!)

Having problems with mine as well. Worked fine for months, bar the odd occasion. Now it happens every game on vanilla and SF. I looked through the search facility on this forum and saw that it may have to do with PB. I manually updated this which seemed to help others but still the lag is just incredible.

Setting are low
    Connection is very good

Like I say worked great for months, made fantastic head shots and now everyone is dancing?

Comment

Ill try update my Punk Buster, its been running fine on mine till 1.41 got put on it! Don't make no sense, but oh wells

Comment

i updated my PB and is skippy as hell with a 12 ping WTF!!!!

Comment

just updateed my PunkBuster, works a little better, but not much, i can at least fly, but when ur in a fire fire with tanks n stuff, laggs, and i tested this on SP!! My comp works fine because BF2 has worked amazinly since day 1 until this new patch got installed! I've sent a ticket to EA also, but if anyone has any other ideas, please do share!

Comment

this is so gay, this started to get bad for me yesterday lol..very hard to snipe with that ****

Comment

well least am not the only one!! thank the lord! lol

i suggest you post tickets on EA games to, cause if we can't fix this on our own, they'll have to!

Comment

Originally posted by Garfer View Post
                well least am not the only one!! thank the lord! lol

i suggest you post tickets on EA games to, cause if we can't fix this on our own, they'll have to!
                yeah good luck getting contacted back:laugh: :laugh: it seemed to happen ever since that problem a couple weeks ago of the servers going down...

Comment

that was sumit to do wit punkbuster, it's on the PB site lolol.

they said i would get contacted within 24 hrs. if not am phonin them

Comment

Don't expect anything for at least a week from EA. The 24hr thing is C**P.

Comment

dang running outta ideas! even tryed to update my v card drivers, and put all my settings to low :O

Comment

try clearing cache files

defrag
                        search for adware/spyware

idk..try the basics

Comment

done all the basics buddy - still no go

Ok jus checked my EA account and wow they answered! Not a good answer but hell, at least they tryed! This is what i got:

Response (EA Tech Anthony C) 04/24/2007 01:00 AM
                          Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2. I have looked over the system information included with your email and it appears that you're using an untested/unsupported video card (NVIDIA GeForce 6200). You may try updating your video drivers and see if that will help resolve the issue but please be advised that if your computer does not meet the requirements, the game may experience errors, poor performance, or may not run at all.

These drivers can be obtained at the following link:

Be mindful of any additional Install or download instructions that Nvidia recommends.

And please click at the following link on how to resolve issues connecting to the servers.

--------------------------------------

Title: System Requirements for Battlefield 2
                          URL: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...ted=1118961491

If you wish to return the game, more then likely the store you bought it at will not accept the return because the box has been opened. In this case, you can send the game back to our Warranty department and we will give you a sealed copy of the game so that the store will accept the return. Click on the following link for replacement instructions:

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Anthony C.
                          EA Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                          X