Can anyone help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me out?

OK, so there I was, sitting in front of my computer, wanting to play BF2. So, I started it up. When it got to the EA Games logo screen and the rest of the logo screens it was playing much faster than normal (almost like it was on fast forward). Even the video before the title screen played faster and the sound was faster. I thought "Hah, thats kinda cool."

So, I went on a server and it loaded just fine, but when I entered the game I would bounce up and down from the running motion faster, and I would run faster for a split second, but then I would teleport halfway back to where I started running. I thought it was lag, so I looked at my ping. It was 50-something. No problem there. So I thought "Hmm... I'll just restart the game". That didnt work. I tried a single player game. Everything moved at about twice the normal speed. I tried restarting my computer. No dice. It even does the same exact thing on Battlefield 2142.

So... heres my problem: Everything is moving twice the speed it normally should.

I've tried everything I can think of, re-installing the game, upping the graphics to almost full to lower my fps, I even tried pressing the fast forward and play keys on my keyboard. The only thing I havent tried that might work is updating my video card (my computer is only a few weeks old and I haven't updated it yet). But I'm pretty sure its not my video card because the game ran fine every time I played the game before this happened earlier today (4-22-07). My video card is an ATI RADEON X300 Series, 400 MHz, 256MB memory.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help me fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. I already contacted EA Games support and searched support.ea.com for this issue.

Re: Can anyone help me out?

Have you tried upgrading your video drivers, if so try re-installing them and make sure your downloading the right one.

Comment

Re: Can anyone help me out?

Well your problem certainly sounds unusual, lag could explain the running faster in game but not the startup video, its almost as if your sytem clock is running too fast.

Obviously updating you graphics drivers is the first step, You could also try updating direct x.

Failing that re-installing windows would probably do it.

Comment

Working...
      X