Weird new GFX issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird new GFX issue

I have only had this game about 2 weeks, and have been plaing for that time with no issues at all. However, in the last 3 days I have noticed a larger and larger ping time on all the servers.......maybe just my connection, but, in the screencap below you can see the GFX issue that has been creeping into ever map I play, on any server. WTF?

The problem is I have not changed any video setting at all since installing, and my card is running well within temp ranges, plus I just updated all the drivers, and BF2 is now under V1.41.

Re: Weird new GFX issue

That looks to me like your gfx card is overheating there shipmate
    Your electronic temp guages might be telling you one thing, but it would be worth having a look with Mr Airspray at your heatsink etc.

Comment

Hmm, I am really not sure what to do if that is the case. The card is clean as the day I bought it, and I have an extra GFX card fan. Any ideas? The game is already running on medium settings, thats the first thing I tried.

Comment

What is your PSU rated at mate? Maybe the gfx card is struggling a bit due to lack of juice?

Comment

ThermalTake TR2-470w

PC Specs:

WinXP Pro SP2
          AMD 64 3400
          2GB PC3200 RAM
          ATI AIW 2006 PRO

The PSU is only a month old, and I used a number of online power calculators to tell me I am at least 100w over what I NEED. It just seems odd that it just started doing this out of nowhere.

Comment

Yes it does seem odd doesn't it ?
            According to a few of those online PSU calculators, I need a 300W-ish PSU.
            I use a Jeantech Arctic 600W PSU since my Thermaltake one decided to be a git and fall over on me

Try rolling back your gfx drivers, or downloading some other ones from

See if they help.

Comment

hehe, the one I had before this lasted 4 years, then I was eating dinner and had a capacitor explode inside the computer, scared me quite bad.
              Anyway, I am thinking of using the 32bit Warcat ATI drivers from there. Is that my best bet. Not familiar with third party drivers.

Comment

Not sure about ATI drivers (Nvidia user) but I use the X-Treme-G drivers from there with no problems at all.

Comment

Thanks, those drivers seem to have fixed the problem. I'm going to get a better cooler also, just to be sure though.

Comment

Nice one, the main thing is that its fixed

Comment

Working...
                    X