LAN server problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN server problem.

Hello! I have this problem. I have a Lan with 2 pcs and we always play offline games. Again with Battlefield 2, I have downloaded the 1.41 patch (i'm not very sure) in order to put bots in the game with coop. Only yesterday I've double clicked the serverlauncer icon and I saw that it gives you the opportunity to play the bigger map versions with bots. Is that true? I'm asking you because when I ran the game after starting the server, I could not connect to my pc because ''I had an older version of the server''. Should I download the server update patch as well?

Re: LAN server problem.

both pc's need to have BF2 patched to 1.41, you dont need to download the server files.

Multiplayer > Create Local > Select Co-op from the Conquest drop down menu near the maps listed.

i cant remember if it lets you use 64player maps that way, if not download this map pack and install on both machines, theirs a readme that tells you how to alter the Bot configurations aswell.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply, but I have both pcs patched. Also I am talking about the dedicated server. First you run the server and then both pcs connect to the server. There a message comes out ''You cannot connect because you have an older version than the server'' or something like this. At the sever options I could choose the number of players in order to choose the map size, the bot number difficulties and such, and at the maplist you add a map as well as choose coop or cq (conquest).

Comment

theres no need to run a dedicated server for a Lan, when i have mates round i just host the game and they connect

Comment

True, but as we are only two that we play the game always chooses the 16 player version and we like to try something bigger...You say that this pap pack will solve the problem? And somethin else. I;ve installed the first map pack and I cannot play the new maps in coop mode. Any suggestions?

Comment

your talking about one of the Total Map packs? - ive not tried them as far as i know i think they were only intended for online play,

the filefront link i left is the map pack i was referring to

their are other custom SP maps with bot support you can get from Filefronts BF2 Community site aswell.

Comment

Yes, the Total map packs. How come when my pc which runs the dedicated server cannot connect to itself? There the strange message pops-up...

Comment

to be honest i dont really know its not something ive tried,

Comment

Thanks mate!No matter...

Comment

Working...
                  X