Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Blaster Audigy please help

ok.

i have just pruchased a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy value, i have installed everything form the cd: drivers , apps. everything.

i go into bf2>audi> sound quality. swithc my sound from hardware to "soundblaster X-fi"

(my sound card supports both EAX advanced HD and is 24-bit advanced HD)

i click apply and get the error message.

"Your hardware and settings etc are not compatible please retore sound settings to default."

can any one help me with this.

:cry:

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy please help

i have just pruchased a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy value
    i go into bf2>audi> sound quality. swithc my sound from hardware to "soundblaster X-fi"
    Sorry but what makes you think the Audigy value is an X-Fi? The X-Fi has a totally redesigned chip on it than the Audigy series, and the card you bought doesn't even have the hardware (see below).

Also a bit of a tech lesson on the card you bought. Hate to tell you but if you were expecting to use it for hardware sound in BF2 forget, the Audigy Value does not have the hardware (EMU10K2 that is on the rest of the Audigy's) and has to do all sound processing in software.

With that card the best you can hope for in any game that gives the option is software and high, and depending on the game and the rest of your system specs I wouldn't set it any higher than Medium. Reason being is that the high setting will use the higher levels of EAX (3 and 4) causing more cpu usage, which would be better used on the game itslef and not for processing the sound affects.

Comment

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy please help

no i can use the "hardware" settings on high it has no problems there...

from what your saying but...sounds a little gay to have a card that says it supports both eax advanced HD and 24bit HD when u cant even use it in a game...ok thanks for your help..i didnt purchase this card for gaming any way...rather becuase my on board sound broke. :| but its still good to know.

Comment

Working...
      X