Patch needs to be released NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch needs to be released NOW

Topic says it all. The player numbers are dramatically dwinding..everyone is sick of the sniper overkill. Please consider releasing the patch ASAP or the mod will flatline soon.

Re: Patch needs to be released NOW

Yeah. The number of players has dropped alot in the last week. Last night about 12:00 midnight eastern there were no servers with more than 2 people on it. I had to play vanilla for the first time in months.

Comment

If its not finished, it wont be release, if the patch is rushed and a big exploit/bug is found after release then these guys will loose even more players.....

Comment

Lmao I love the m-14 sniper. But yes, it is a little strong.

Comment

We've been testing the patch and in the process also added in a bunch of new content. We've fixed some equipment issues, handweapons, vegetation and other odds and ends.

We've added several more new character models to the mod build for the VC/NVA armies. In addition, we added a few new ones to the US army. Look for a news showcase of these soldiers to come soon.

We've included single-player support to several more maps. We've made an effort to clean up the more glaring issues with the mod build. We do recognize that there are still issues that need addressed. Fixes for these will come soon. Handweapon balance was a major concern this patch. No, the sniper rifle did not get "nerfed". It can still be a 1 shot 1 kill weapon. However, it did get some balancing tweaks to the rifle itself and to the kit that carries it. No more using it as an assault weapon.

Grenades have been tweaked slightly and removed from some kits and reduced in number for other kits. We are trying to keep both sides of the weapons issues in check between those that like things the way they are and those that think things need to change. Let's see how this goes this patch.

As for the patch... We feel that we need to get this patch out. There is alot more I wanted to do and to include, but I have held it up too long as it is. Therefore, barring any unforseen issues, I hope to have the patch out on a torrent by Saturday night or on Sunday, with it also going out to several mirrors as well. It is our hope to be better prepared this time with the distribution of the mod vs. the first release.

I will be posting up a revised changelog and list of fixes or adjustments soon. As for the coming future of EoD.. Some of the things planned for the 2nd patch/3rd release, are several new maps that are currently in the works. More equipment, like armor and new choppers. Maybe even an airplane map or two. We also have the ARVN and Aussie armies under construction. Several Character models for these armies have been completed already. Weapons are being finalized as well as an equipment list.

Watch for news post of the WIP stages of the new Soldiers and other jungle goodness. Keep tuned here and to the eodmod.com forums for news on the release of v1.1 of EoD.

Comment

SWEEEET!! I will be all over that. Thanks for listening to the comunity. We greatly appreciate it.

Also, I think the modifications made to the sniper rifle are really smart. I didn't like snipers in the first place, so I especially didn't like them in this mod. However, snipers are important. I totally agree with you that the problem with the sniper rifles in this mod is that they are being used as assault weapons, by assault infantry. I think the changes could very well fix the whole problem, IMO.

Comment

I guess patch comes out sunday =\. I want to get back to some more Vietnam battles. So fun!

Comment

Will there be a patch today??

Comment

Just be patient, I say
                  Just knife some snipers that will teach them

Comment

Sounds like you guys are close to releasing the patch, that's good news. With respect to new Helo's, or I quess the helo's in general. The helo's seem to easy to destroy, one RPG rocket takes it out, this leads me to believe that this is the reason nobody is hosting any maps with choppers in them. The only map I've seen since the first few days of release with choppers in it is Radio Tower(?). Please don't make the same mistakes EA/Dice did in regards to the Helo's in BF2, because as we all know almost nobody uses them anymore in BF2. I'm not for nerfing the RPG, but I do think it should take two hits(without any repair)to take down the Helo's, aside from the Little Bird of course. Just my thoughts.......Looking forward to the next release

Comment

Originally posted by Tobacco View Post
                      nobody uses them anymore in BF2.
                      HAHA people are helo whoring like never before in BF2! But I agree that the helos should be able to take more damage in EoD.

Comment

Working...
                      X