Artillary Ruins The Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artillary Ruins The Game

Im playing Wake, and all I ever die from is artillary. I might die 12 times in a round, and its rarely ever through anyone actually shooting me with a rifle.

Its pathetic and cheap, there should be an option to turn it off.

Re: Artillary Ruins The Game

have a Kleenex and dry your tears...

Now, when you hear the artillery coming - RUN AWAY

FipZ

Comment

Meh, we all have to go through it I'm afraid, but it's the best feeling ever when artillery is landing right on top of you....and you, somehow, survive.

Or 99.9% of times you just see your body fly a million miles over the server.

Comment

OK, now serious...

If you don't want to get killed by artillery - MOVE. There's nothing easier than dropping arty on a stanionary soldier (mostly snipers). I have artied so many snipers on wake that would respawn and go to the same place where I killed them before :laugh: .

OR, you can just play on Infantry Only servers. There is no artillery!

But really, move a lot, if you capture a flag and it get's neutral then consider to move away from the flag 'cause artillery might be on the way. after the arty strike you can go on capping the flag.

Don't stay in crowded areas. commanders use to drop arty on a whole bunch of enemies, not only on one.

that should help...

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso View Post
          OK, now serious...

If you don't want to get killed by artillery - MOVE. There's nothing easier than dropping arty on a stanionary soldier (mostly snipers). I have artied so many snipers on wake that would respawn and go to the same place where I killed them before :laugh: .

OR, you can just play on Infantry Only servers. There is no artillery!

But really, move a lot, if you capture a flag and it get's neutral then consider to move away from the flag 'cause artillery might be on the way. after the arty strike you can go on capping the flag.

Don't stay in crowded areas. commanders use to drop arty on a whole bunch of enemies, not only on one.

that should help...

FipZ
          Are you really being serious? You want me to move out of the way of ARTILLARY? There is no warning of enemy artillary, and the splash damage is far too great to out run it.

Whilst Im on a good rant, let me just say the hit box detection is completely broken, and the reload times for AT is atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19 View Post
            Im playing Wake, and all I ever die from is artillary. I might die 12 times in a round, and its rarely ever through anyone actually shooting me with a rifle.

IO(Infantry Only) mode.

Comment

Be able to turn it off? lol

Comment

Are you really being serious? You want me to move out of the way of ARTILLARY? There is no warning of enemy artillary, and the splash damage is far too great to out run it.
                Well, I know it sounds stupid, but it works sometimes.
                There are times wehn you can actually hear the arty coming.
                Sure it won't work always, but it might be better than just sit on a place.
                Finding a building to hide from arty also works.
                If the first arty "bullet" does not hit you have a fair chance of getting out of area.

FipZ

Comment

Whilst Im on a good rant, let me just say the hit box detection is completely broken, and the reload times for AT is atrocious.
                  If you keep moving its harder to land a strike on you since the commander will have trouble knowing where you are and when it is landing on top of you RUN AWAY or look for cover.

the reload times for AT is acctually preety fast i dont see how you can call that slow.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                    If you keep moving its harder to land a strike on you since the commander will have trouble knowing where you are and when it is landing on top of you RUN AWAY or look for cover.

the reload times for AT is acctually preety fast i dont see how you can call that slow.
                    well i would just sit still usually i would get arty on my head when im sniping and would find a place to sit and hide where theres a wall on 2 sides and majority of the time i wont get hit

Comment

You're absolutely right - it does destroy the game. It is without a doubt the single most frustrating aspect of infantry combat in a game full of very substantial gameplay issues. It's why most if not all the mods for the game have removed it or heavily modified it

Comment

Stop your crying .. I mean jesus, if you don't like it go to a different map.

Crying because they drop arty on you .. boo hoo.

Ugh .. I hate stupid threads.

Comment

arty is a prob, but not a terribly big one, as these guys say, if the first one doesn't hit you, run... if you're lucky, the second shot will land somewhere near the first, but the results are random unfortunately, besides, sometimes it is funny to watch your body go from one end of the map to the other...

Comment

Nah, I agree. Arty is horrible. It ruins infantry team work completely. It needs a longer respawn time in my opinion.

I always seem to get hit by arty. I will be no where near the main strike, but theres always one wayward shell that manages to find me.

Comment

lol hmmm... Wake, crying over hit boxes, he's not moving, hmmm...adds up and sounds like some spawn camping sniper is crying over being arty'd. Waaaaaa... Play IO, play another map, play in a full 64 man server, go SpecOps and blow it up, plenty of ways to figure out how to get around Arty.

Just as there are plenty of rants in this game, there are just as many, NO, MORE, ways to get around them.

Comment

Working...
                              X