Minimap texture problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimap texture problem

ive seen a few of the posts and this problem is trivial in comparison.

Installed BF2 deluxe edition and everything seems to be working fine except for the minimap and spawn screen map and commander's map. 1.41 patch did not fix this.

For some reason the maps are at really low detail. the map seems to be at different res to everything else. otherwise it looks fine, ive fiddled about with video settings but the low detail stays whether the settings are on max or min.

System is Vista home premium, athlon x2 4600, 2gb ram and nvidia 7300. ive started up the demo but the maps there are fine.

Same problem on every map inc. spec forces. Some screens of the problem:

Any suggestions to why?

Re: Minimap texture problem

i could be wrong..but those look normal. the mini maps do get somewhat blurry when ur all the way zoomed in

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
      i could be wrong..but those look normal. the mini maps do get somewhat blurry when ur all the way zoomed in
      If you look at the first screenshot of the spawn screen, even when zoomed out the detail on the map is low. The flags, waypoints and player icons on the map come up in good detail….

But the map itself in spawn, commander and minimap screens have appalling res. The whole thing is blurred.

The map works with the bf2 demo and is at normal detail but not with actual bf2 on exact same graphics settings. what the hell is going on….

Comment

Yeah the resolution isn't great normally but that is awful, worst fine for me and I pretty much run on low, very strange one. I'll have a dig around.

Comment

Working...
        X