Strategy game with Bf2/PRM engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy game with Bf2/PRM engine

People have said things about making a strategy game mod for bf2 with project reality type physics, it would be pretty neat the way i see it,You could have it so the commander gives an objective to the SL who does not actually fight, he orders his squad mates from the same view the commander sees. and the squadmates will be AI controlled, you can order them to take cover(based on where fire is coming from) and fire on certain positions (to cover each other) and if an AI bot is under heavy enough fire there should be an icon that says "suppressed" you can order him up but there could be a display that shows the likely hood of survival in a % number, this number goes up based on how much fire there is and it's accuracy. Pilots could be Human or AI controlled and the commander can mark positions for them to bomb, it should take longer than just a 2 seconds fly over the airfield to reload (you should have to land and wait about 30-60 seconds.
    The commander can put squad leaders in control of certain assets such as a tank/apc/AA.

does anyone else see this as a good idea?

Re: Strategy game with Bf2/PRM engine

try graw...
    you are basically a squadleader of some ai, you get a commander type view and you can order each member of your squad to take cover in different places and provide cover fire in a particular direction. you can get them to flank and do lots of complicated manouvers and orders.

Comment

Yeah, but im talkin about bf2.

Comment

I thought a mod like that was in progress, or at least thought up a while ago... it would be cool, but I bought BF2 for a FPS not a RTS...

Comment

I bought bf2 because...well....dont laugh but...I thought that people follows comamnder and SL orders to the letter and that everyone had a mic.

Comment

*sarcasm*

I like RTS games like CoH and C&C, but the reality mod is here to make us feel like we're in the battle... making an RTS takes the feeling right away.

Comment

....MOD...OPTIONAL....lol

Comment

It's just my opinion.
                I love modifications and stuff, and I said I liked the idea, but I would rather play BF2 than an RTS version of BF2.

Anyways, back on topic... any other thoughts guys?

Comment

Sweet f*ck, have you been living in a cave?

Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me, but the SL has the option to join in the fighting if he wishes...

Comment

Working...
                    X