X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: punk buster kicks

Originally posted by G-Capo View Post
    Innadequate O/S privilages??? Help please
    Make sure you have full privileges (Administrator) on your computer. If you are an administrator, try the following:

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.
    http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe
    Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.
    Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:
    • Press 'Guardian.reg'.
    • Press 'User Agent'.
    • Press 'Restore Policy'.
    Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
    If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button
    Source: I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Comment

Re: punk buster kicks

I got the exact same thing with Vista.
      Exactly.
      Now I dual boot and run BF2 on XP Pro and its all back to normal
      If it is possible, I would suggest that you do the same mate, saves a LOT of feckin about getting angry, just create a small partition and......oh, i'm sure you know what to do
      It IS worth it, as soon as I re-installed BF2 on my XP partition and updated etc etc, everything was just fine again

Comment

Working...
      X