Network Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Thing

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

(See image)

Re: Network Thing

you either typed in the IP wrong, or the port doesnt match

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
      you either typed in the IP wrong, or the port doesnt match
      he's at the logon screen,

check the games not being blocked by a firewall

Comment

Make sure you have Internet :laugh:

Comment

I have internet, and all the ports in the manual are opened on our main gateway, this problem happens when i try to create a multiplayer account, and when i try to retrieve my previous one (Skyline_R45)

Comment

As Scinto said check that your firewall isn't blocking BF2.

Comment

could it be that the account server was temporarily down?

Comment

The firewall on my Pc is off and our firewall on our gateway has large holes in it after the ports where done, but i seem to be alone in this problem, there are next-to-nothing forums that have anything on how to fix this problem, it seems that it can't be fixed...a reinstall of battelfield didn't work... account server? maybe, but i wonder if you need a gamespy account or anything to allow it to connect to a account server for online games...any ideas?

Can anyone help????? Please?

Comment

ok then put your fiewall back on and try again later its probably a problem with EA's server you might need to ask other aussies if they are getting the same problem

Comment

yeah could work, personally i haven't seen anyone else from Aus, maybe i just ain't looking hard enough...

Comment

oh btw you dont actually have to have all the ports open that are listed in the back of the manual, thats just the excuse EA gives you when you report that type of error to them

Comment

I've not opened a single port for BF2 and it works fine throught 2 firewalls.

See if you can make a gamespy account first.

Comment

I've not opened a single port for BF2 and it works fine throught 2 firewalls.

See if you can make a gamespy account first.
                          You've struck gold there mate, i cannot create a gamespy account or update punkbuster, gamespy: "We cannot validate your email address. Either because you have an unstable internet connection or you are trying to connect through an overly restrictive firewall" even though we pretty much have disabled it all together... and punkbuster: "Resolving host timed out: websec2.evenbalance.com" i bet when these work, bf2 will work...

Comment

Do you have Hamachi running? Doubt it would interfere with it but its worth a shot, try disabling it and trying to retreive your account.

If your behind a router try connecting directly to your modem, and retrieving your account.

What firewall are you using?

Comment

wouldn't have a clue, my computer connects to my dads, then through the firewall and anti-virus, then out into the internet....

Comment

Working...
                              X