Base raping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base raping

Ok so i was playin on a server last night and was getting cussed at for base raping. Two points here.

1: when its your team that sends RPG guys to sit on our hangar to blow up our jets then we return the favor dont whine even if it wasnt you or you joined to late to have seen it.

2: If you arent going to take the scud out of your uncap to kill us across the map with it then i have to come into your base to destroy it.

thank you have a good day.

Re: Base raping

Originally posted by delemorte View Post
    2: If you arent going to take the scud out of your uncap to kill us across the map with it then i have to come into your base to destroy it.
    the 3stooges server has this rule. even if arty is firing out from the main - you are not allowed to enter the main to destroy it. It made easting very stagnant

Comment

If an arty piece is dominating a map, and is just sitting in a main, you can be damn sure I'll be going into that base to destroy it....

Same with the arty pieces from vanilla....

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1 View Post
        If an arty piece is dominating a map, and is just sitting in a main, you can be damn sure I'll be going into that base to destroy it....

Same with the arty pieces from vanilla....

The howitzer is one thing or even the MLRS because of reload. But the scud destroys and entire base and can last a very long time. I love the scud dont get me wrong i would not change it for anything. but hiding it at an uncap and raping me with it aint gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob View Post
          the 3stooges server has this rule. even if arty is firing out from the main - you are not allowed to enter the main to destroy it. It made easting very stagnant
          a Desert Combat server had this rule too, the infamous Seattle T3 server, one player would scud the main all day long, which was the admin, and when you finally got over there to destroy it, u would be kicked for spawn camping. good times.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa View Post
            a Desert Combat server had this rule too, the infamous Seattle T3 server, one player would scud the main all day long, which was the admin, and when you finally got over there to destroy it, u would be kicked for spawn camping. good times.
            If you can put a scud on target in the enemy non cap then you are also base raping so that admin is a idiot in my opinion. Hell i dont care where the scud is. it should always be considered a primary target at any time no matter where it is. Same goes for MLRS or howitzer. Distance weapons like that should negate any base raping rules. Besides i cant help it if i strafe the arty and some how hit you instead......... on my ninth pass

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa View Post
              Oh, the fond seattle server memories, I remeber doing halo jump into the Iraq/US base often loaded with the C-4 Sticks.....ready to end the rapage.........at least for a few minutes.

I am eagerly awaiting the Tomahawks...........another great rapage tool...

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
                I am eagerly awaiting the Tomahawks...........another great rapage tool...
                I forgot about the tomahawks. In fact i miss all of the ships and island maps..

Comment

you have been misinformed.
                  these are the 2 messages that are broadcast during the game every 120 seconds(2minutes).
                  as you can see,you are allowed to go and destroy arty.
                  NO ATTACKING UN-CAPS WITH ANYTHING,YOU WILL BE KICKED AND OR BANNED.(EXCEPT TO DESTROY ARTY)

YOU WILL BE KICKED AND OR BANNED IF YOU ENTER THE ENEMIES UN-CAP.(EXCEPT TO DESTROY ARTY)

Comment

Originally posted by 3_stooges_geo
                    these are the 2 messages that are broadcast during the game every 120 seconds(2minutes).
                    as you can see,you are allowed to go and destroy arty.
                    NO ATTACKING UN-CAPS WITH ANYTHING,YOU WILL BE KICKED AND OR BANNED.(EXCEPT TO DESTROY ARTY)

YOU WILL BE KICKED AND OR BANNED IF YOU ENTER THE ENEMIES UN-CAP.(EXCEPT TO DESTROY ARTY)

here is the problem with that rule. In order to get to the arty you need to penatrate the base and kill any one who may stop you before you can deploy your C4. Therefor you are going to kill some people while you are there. People look at that rule very literaly and will have you kicked for killing them while in route to destroy arty.

On the other end you have to fight your way out which entails killing more guys and stealing a vehicle to get home. And then there is your squad which you need to re arm your c4 or bullets or just provide covering fire or revive so you can complete your mission. I get not wanting people to base camp but there needs to be some leanentcy on that rule.

or you can say its your server and abide by it or play else where. Which is typicly what i do.

Edit: BTW please excuse typos or spelling.

Also. Depriving the enemy of their resources and ability to fight is a legitimate tactic in my book. I have been base raped alot and you know what, its half the fun to find that dude and make him pay for it. I say suck it up and fight your way out of it.

Comment

talk to your admins - they are the ones misinformed. people were getting kicked who were entering the main to destroy arty. The admin then confirmed that you were not allowed to enter the main.

Either way - the server never surged to more than 11 players because so many were being kicked without warning. Also - the admin didn't even need proof. If someone accused someone else of base-raping, there was no second opinion - that person was gone.

Comment

talk to your admins - they are the ones misinformed. people were getting kicked who were entering the main to destroy arty. The admin then confirmed that you were not allowed to enter the main.

Either way - the server never surged to more than 11 players because so many were being kicked without warning. Also - the admin didn't even need proof. If someone accused someone else of base-raping, there was no second opinion - that person was gone.
                        If thats the case,i guess they need to be advised.

Comment

If thats the case,i guess they need to be advised.
                          Its too easy to abuse that rule. In a mod where weapons are able to reach all the way across a map and accurately attack a main then that rule should be dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by delemorte
                            Its too easy to abuse that rule. In a mod where weapons are able to reach all the way across a map and accurately attack a main then that rule should be dropped.
                            thats why i will be removing the arty from that map

Comment

Originally posted by 3_stooges_geo View Post
                              thats why i will be removing the arty from that map
                              its your server. but that kind of sucks. Scud and MLRS is what makes DCON so fun

Comment

Working...
                              X