Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joystick has lower sensitivity than mouse when flying a chopper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick has lower sensitivity than mouse when flying a chopper?

So, quite recently I bought a used Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick. I've been flying choppers in BF2 with it, and slowly getting the hang of it. But today I tried flying with the mouse and keyboard, with high sensitivity. I was able to do much sharper turns (the difference was really noticeable). When using the joystick, I've noticed that fighting another chopper is really tough, because I never seem to be able to turn fast enough. I realize this is mostly because of my inexperience flying a chopper, but with the mouse I was able to do it a lot faster. Doing eg. a barrel roll seems easier with a joystick, though.

What I'm curious about is, is it possible to change my joystick's sensitivity somehow? Seeing how big the advantage for the mouse and keyboard is, I really don't see a point in learning to use the joystick. I would like to hear opinions and stories from experience. This is not a debate about what's the better choice for controlling a chopper. I'm sure that with practice one can become a great chopper pilot using a joystick, and I would really appreciate it if someone were to convince me of this. It feels a lot nicer flying with a joystick, but is the disadvantage as big as I think it is? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Re: Joystick has lower sensitivity than mouse when flying a chopper?

not sure but i guess u can try recalibrating the joy stick

Comment

You dont mention which mouse or joystick you have or what settings..Perhaps your mouse is set to 2000 dpi, which is super sensitive and you have got used to that, meaning the joystick feels sluggish by comparison. I assume you have adjusted the sensitivity settins to max in the control tab. Perhaps you can adjust sensitivity for the joystick in the software that came with it. I know for my logitech 3d pro is much more sensitive for flying planes than the mouse KB, however, i have never tried helis with it

Comment

I mentioned, in my first sentence, that I own a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2. My mouse is a Razer Copperhead. I read from an older thread that you can't change the sensitivity of a joystick. It's a shame because I really enjoyed flying with the stick, but the mouse + kb just gives such an advantage. There's not really any kind of software for this joystick, it's old. All I can do is use the Windows Game Controller calibration, but this pretty much only checks that all the buttons work.

Comment

Working...
        X