Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory

1 gig plays BF2 vanilla fine for me - but most mods are like a slideshow. Is the lack of memory in my rig my problem?

Re: Memory

most likely. like PR has huge maps which takes up a lot of ram. and wat else do u have in ur computer

Comment

Actually I doubt its the RAM. 1 gig is more than enough, I think it might be your video card. What kind of video card do you have?

Comment

no .. 1 gig will barely get u passed med/high settings. im hoping to upgrade to at least 1.5 gigs soon. and well yeah i guess it also depends on ur video card and wat settings u r playing on.

Comment

P4 2.44 ghz & a ATI 9800XT 256 - Maybe It's time for a new rig.
          <br />
          <i>*automerged doublepost*</i>
          <br />
          P4 2.44 ghz - and a ATI 9800XT 256

Comment

its your card and your ram, but i used to have a 6100 and 1 gig and it played PR fine at low setings....

Comment

9800 isnt that bad of a card. its almost as good as a 6600gt and it should be fine for 1 gig of ram.

Comment

If you have lots of background processes running you will need more RAM. Doing things like disabling intro movies and getting rid of VOIP (if you dont use it) also helps. I recommend 2gig for no worries, although you can get away with less with a bit of tweaking....google BF2 tweakguides. I am not sure about the RAM requirements for MODS, but i would guess that the devs may not have had time to optimize for RAM usage and so they are likely to need more than less

Comment

I have to turn down my settings for anything but vBF2 including SF, try turning a few of your settings down.

Comment

Thanks Guys...

Comment

Working...
                    X