Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Stretching/corrupt graphics leading to a Freeze.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Stretching/corrupt graphics leading to a Freeze.

I am using 4x512MB corsiar value on a DFI expert. They are all matched with 3448 timings set in bios. In BF2 my computer randomly gets stretched/corrupted graphics. It happend anytime even after a cold boot and just getting into a server I get this. I know for sure it isn''t an overheating issue and I have a good power supply: Antec tp 550w.
    So is this normal to happen with Value memory?

Re: Random Stretching/corrupt graphics leading to a Freeze.

most likely your graphics card not your ram. try checking its temps.

Comment

yeah i would also say temps...how do u kno its not overheating? in my experience, video card temps can jump high pretty fast, and it can also drop pretty fast when u leave a game.

Comment

I think it may be my graphic cards also. I have 2 7800GTs Sli. I sould have mentioned that the screen flickers almost like a T.V. while the graphics begin to stretch with black lines. My temps are 50c for GPU1 and it is always lower for my second GPU2(30-40c) The temps only go up this high in BF2. Never at startups or just basic computer use. So what is there I can do to fix this?

Comment

If your cards are overheating you could stick another exhaust fan on the back of your case near your cards.

Comment

As the cards are so close together in SLI, if you don't have good airflow then heat could be an issue. Try an experiment with the side of the case open and a huge desktop fan blowing in on max. If this fixes it then you know you need better airflow/fans etc

Comment

Working...
            X