Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 in Widescreen won't start (splash screen/CTD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 in Widescreen won't start (splash screen/CTD)

Hello,

I've tried running bf2 on my Toshiba Satellite NoteBook but it just starts up and it splashes back to desktop.

Its a Toshiba Satellite M110 System Unit. Its on 1280 x 800 (defualt res.). Its a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family.

I tried following this guide:
    http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78473
    But it didn't help much, still got the same problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks for reading.

~Jordan

Re: BF2 in Widescreen won't start (splash screen/CTD)

What exact model of laptop? What is the resolution of your display? You can get the video card type from your display settings or the device manager. Can you run the game without using any widescreen changes?

Comment

Its a Toshiba Satellite M110 System Unit. Its on 1280 x 800 (defualt res.). Its a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Famiy? And no I can't even start the game.

Comment

That graphics chip is not supported by BF2. That means your laptop will not be able to play the game even if you got past that screen!

Comment

Yes, it looks like you have the Intel GMA 950. Although it supposedly has the features that BF2 requires it uses emulation for some and is known not to work for this game.

Comment

Awww ok. I guess I can just sick to playing BF2 on my PC. Bf2 portable looked so kool though :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by J0rd4n999 View Post
              Awww ok. I guess I can just sick to playing BF2 on my PC. Bf2 portable looked so kool though :cry:
              Runs great on my Dell Precision M70 (video card equivalent to GeForce 6800). Don't buy Intel graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by J0rd4n999 View Post
                Hello,

I've tried running bf2 on my Toshiba Satellite NoteBook but it just starts up and it splashes back to desktop.

Its a Toshiba Satellite M110 System Unit. Its on 1280 x 800 (defualt res.). Its a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family.

I tried following this guide:
                http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78473
                But it didn't help much, still got the same problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks for reading.

~Jordan
                I found a fix for my notebook: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113712

Comment

Originally posted by Oomska View Post
                  Not going to work in this case. This isn't a Vista issue but a known non-working video chip (although I hear it does work in BF2142 oddly enough). Why would your x1300 not be supported? It has enough video memory and supports all the required functions (e.g. PS 1.4) in hardware. Intel GMA 950 does not; it emulates some functions in the driver.

Comment

i have the same laptop.and i dont have a pc . and i really like bf2.isnt there any coder that can change battlefield 2 so it support 945GM??because this videocard can run the game fear that is newer than bf2

what about bf2142??does this chipset run bf2142

Comment

Originally posted by maximusarian View Post
                      isnt there any coder that can change battlefield 2 so it support 945GM??because this videocard can run the game fear that is newer than bf2
                      newer or older has nothing to do with the situation. It's just a horrible video chip for gaming and many games do not work with it. See http://www.intel.com/support/graphic.../CS-021400.htm .
                      what about bf2142??does this chipset run bf2142
                      I've seen someone post that it worked with 2142 but I haven't tested it (I don't have that video chip or BF2142).

Comment

thanks but i tried the bf2142 demo and it didnt work.does this mean it doesnt work with the retail game??and where did you see the post that it does work??

Comment

Originally posted by maximusarian View Post
                          thanks but i tried the bf2142 demo and it didnt work.does this mean it doesnt work with the retail game??and where did you see the post that it does work??
                          I think it may have been in the BFSP forum. Even if it does work it will probably be horribly slow.

Comment

Working...
                          X