heli gunner question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heli gunner question

I really need help with the whole "hey, let's guide our TV missle right into that other chopper!" thing. I've been playing for almost a year and I guess im pretty good at flying but HOT PISS gunning for a chopper is difficult.

Any advice?

Re: heli gunner question

take ur time....i noticed if i rush, i click too much, or just click worng, and miss....if i take my time, and act like i got all the time in the world, i can usually get a hit with one click....sometimes two, maybe three clicks...at most

Comment

know your shot, dont just assume you know where it would be going, and click as much as needed, but not overly clicking, and yeah alpha said it

Comment

I agree with Alpha...relax, be confident, and be accurate rather than fast. The best advise I would give, is lead your shot, and give yourself as much advantage as you can. I try to guide the missle to where I think they will be, and then with the last couple clicks, be on target. You will hear about lag, and hitbox, but nothing beats practice ...that works for everyone.

Comment

Right click to enter TV mode and then move the cuser onto the enemy chopper and click keeping the cuser on the enemy and constantly clicking.

Comment

mr is right 2! ajaj

Comment

Watch a few soloing videos that show the shots in first-person and take note of how they move the crosshair to hit their targets, where they aim, when they take the shots, etc. As for speed of clicking, most of the talented gunners I've flown with re-directed the missile 3-6 times a second: it's important to constantly modify it because often enough, your clicks won't be registered by the server.

If you look in my sig or the media section, you will find quite a few videos with that bit of information. Additionally, you may want to check the Tips section for Army-Dr-'s videos: they may have some suggestions as well...

Comment

idd say that the most important thing is dont shoot if they are moving around alot wait untill they come to a near stop then shoot at them it should be easy to hit. it is also good to have the height advantage over the eneemy so if you misss you can tear them up with the guns

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                  Watch a few soloing videos that show the shots in first-person and take note of how they move the crosshair to hit their targets, where they aim, when they take the shots, etc. As for speed of clicking, most of the talented gunners I've flown with re-directed the missile 3-6 times a second: it's important to constantly modify it because often enough, your clicks won't be registered by the server...
                  agreed.!

watch Churrasco's vid. its got a lot of tv footage.

"Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Here, this is my old video
                    (from like a year and a half ago)

my technique has gotten better, but this has a lot of TV shots in quick succession, maybe it will help.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

After a year of playing bf2?? try "combat" or "pong"...

Comment

TV missles are uber powerful, combine a good gunner/pilot with a squad on the ground and tanks/apcs dont have a chance and infantry will be pwn3d between troops on ground and gun from sky

CLOSE AIR SUPPORT FTW

Comment

it isn't always an easy thing. I guided a TV missile (on Wake) in between the doors of the blackhawk. Went right through it.

Comment

Originally posted by eye8urkids View Post
                            it isn't always an easy thing. I guided a TV missile (on Wake) in between the doors of the blackhawk. Went right through it.
                            aye think we've all done that, u can even see the people sat in the chopper as the missile goes through lol

Comment

Is it possible to change the reticle color in the TV missle view? I have trouble at Dragon Valley when my stick man puts the nose to the sky. The clouds wash it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X