Bf2 Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 Crash

Ever since BFG tech told me to use the 84.21 driver update Bf2 has been crashing to desktop after 15 to 30 minutes of game play i cant go back to the updates in the 90's cause my graphics card has a compatibility issue with them. So now I don't know what to do and my graphics card is a GeForce 6200 OC PCI. If anyone can tell me what the best PCI card there is to get please let me know. This card is really starting to get on my nerves.

Re: Bf2 Crash

do u happen to have a pci-express slot or agp slot? cuz pci is the slowest.

Comment

Its just a regular PCI i dont know why either i just bought it a year ago from dell and you would think they would put a newer motherboard in it i mean we payed $1,200 for it.

Comment

anyone know what is wrong it plays for like 30 minutes and crashes to desktop i managed to play project reality for like an hour before it crashed again.

Comment

overheating maybe?

Comment

no its not that nvidia control panel has a temperature check and it never got to the slowdown threshold. Another thing that happens is the screen will go black for a second and continue playing this usualy happens when a jet bombs something nearby or i turn around really fast and a grenade goes off or someone is shooting me.

Comment

oh dont pay attention to wat they post as the threshold... like for my card, the threshold is like 120C which is relaly hot and in my own experience, ive experienced overheating crashes when the card is at like 70-80C

Comment

Is there a how to tell that overheating really is the cause of this and if it is how can i fix it?

I contacted my graphic card provider and they said the reason it keeps crashing is because my computer's power is only 230watts and my card requires 250watts but if that is the case then why doesn't it do the same to my other games only games it does this to is company of heroes and bf2 everything els is fine.

Comment

You paid 1200 for a PC with a GeForce 6200, and this was one year ago. While an SLI-8800GTX rig costs roughly the same price...

Comment

You are an ***!

Comment

Wow I hate my parents even more now ill just wait till after school is out then it will be summer and can get a job.

Comment

im sure u have a pretty decent everythign else in ur computer. the 6200 isnt that bad of a card. ur comp was prob made specially for working and not gaming

Comment

yeah, sounds more like for business and work, most comps from Dell aren't much good, a few are good....but not many,

Comment

Working...
                          X