My thoughts on EOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on EOD

Well first off great job I loved the 1942 version and played it alot until it started to die out and I also love this BF2 version.

Personally doing a mostly infrantry release is kinda neat and you have added back in 2 of my fav maps right away so good job. The whole game speaks to me and gets me into the atmosphere. I also loved how you stayed true to the accurate weapons that kill very quickly this made me love EOD in the first place. Everything just seem right and perfect for me.

Now on the second part BUGS.

1. Spawning on your squad leader. You spawn randomly around him now if he is on near a cliff or edge you could spawn and plummet to your death sometimes there is no way of stopping it.

2. The view of the m60 with the bullets bouncing in and out of the gun as you walk or run.

3. Using a mortar if you double click or triple click sometimes it won't show the camera view of the mortar but plays the fireing sound.

4. When tossing ammo bags you throw 2 and it lands and becomes one ammo bag just a visually thing I guess.

5. Maps where some buildingss are placed to high and you can crawl under them also happens to some trees.

6. I forgot the map but I spawned inside the fence of the little watchtowers. I couldn't crawl or crouch out or jump out had to sucide and respawn.

Now on to the third part balance.

1. SVD sniper needs to buffed it's not as powerful as the american maybe less recoil for it.

2. Now I know poeple are gonna complain that sniper rifles are over powered and you should nerf them....don't listen to them. The best way to counter a sniper is with a point man. The point man can lay down so much smoke you can literally advance on any area. I was with a squad last night and was point man went 109 kills to 37 deaths. I guess poeple just need to play the game more and realize there are other classes.

3. Brings me to my third point the US point man is perfect but the VC isn't. The US point man gets a m79 nade laucher to throw his smoke and nades, it explodes on impact which is great and gives him high mobility. The VC point man has grenades, these grenades aren't as effective as the US point man. To counter this I would allow the VC point man to carry more grenades.

That's all I've noticed so far, ps I love the blood when you shoot someone.

Edit: I just looked over some of the other threads and I'm already seeing a nerf the sniper. DEV's it's the third day of release before you make any decisions on balance, I beg you to wait 2-3 weeks before making any decisions on balance and gameplay and wait for more of the community to give there feedback.

Edit 2: Just did some EOD this morning and found out the VC point man only carries 1 smoke grenade while the US point man carries 3. Not to mention the VC point man smoke grenade produces less smoke then the US point man. Maybe make the VC point man carry 4 smoke grenades make the grenade explode on impact and produce more smoke. The VC point man will have more nades but the US point man can shoot his smoke nades farther seems to be a fair trade.

Re: My thoughts on EOD

I hear you 100% with those. I hate it how if someone is killed by a weapon they can't see, they automatically call nerf nerf! Nerfs ruined BF2 for me, EoD2 makes it right.

Comment

its not the power of the sniper thats the problem its the avalibility

Comment

Had a quick first go on this mod last night and I liked what i saw. Tonight I am going to try schedule in a proper appraisal, but from what I gathered so far, it looks like good wholesome fun.

Comment

The first two posters are snipers....if you think the game will balance out if more people play point man you are crazy. You have like 20 secs worth of smoke before you run out. No one should have to run around in a constant cloud of smoke to avoid a team of 20 snipers. On top of that you are complaining that some of the sniper rifles aren't power enough...lol
          They are more powerful than a 50 CALIBER MACHINE GUN in this game!!! all you have to do is shoot the person in the toe and they die.

Comment

The whole idea that people should be able to freely run around on a battlefield snipers or otherwise is rediculous. And that the whole problem, BF2 has got people thinking that gameplay is even remotely realistic, which it isnt at all.

Moving at all without cover fire should be suicidal if you ask me, and thats from every weapon.

But over all, i love the mod and will keep playing it. And the more lethal the better i say,... So dont nerf it down, ramp it up!

Edit: I do agree that something needs to be done, because a whole team of snipers isnt realistic either. Kit limiting is the answer imo, but some nerfing until that can be added is ok too, as long as its just temporary nerfing..

EDIT 2: IRL a high powered rifle would blow your whole foot off and you would most likely bleed to death.. At the very least you're now wounded and going home on a stretcher. Since being wounded is represented by death/respawning in games, it makes perfect sense.

Comment

Simple conclusion:
              If you are going to limit snipers, please keep them one hit kill.

If you get hit with one of those bad-boys you are going down.

Comment

if you get shot by most any gun you are going down.....i don't know why everyone thinks sniper rifles are soooooo much better than all other guns. The difference is the sniper takes time and picks his shot and that is usually in the head. They don't fire around like wild maniacs if they have a shot...they wait till they have the perfect shot. If they don't, then they don't shoot. That is why a sniper is deadly...many guns are just as powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by T-raV View Post
                  if you get shot by most any gun you are going down.....i don't know why everyone thinks sniper rifles are soooooo much better than all other guns. The difference is the sniper takes time and picks his shot and that is usually in the head. They don't fire around like wild maniacs if they have a shot...they wait till they have the perfect shot. If they don't, then they don't shoot. That is why a sniper is deadly...many guns are just as powerful.
                  Well..thats the bottom line. If you manage a head-shot..you should get a one-shot kill as a sniper. But if you don't..and that will almost always be the case if the target is running...a hit from a sniper rilfe should be the same damage as any other weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by T-raV
                    The first two posters are snipers....if you think the game will balance out if more people play point man you are crazy. You have like 20 secs worth of smoke before you run out. No one should have to run around in a constant cloud of smoke to avoid a team of 20 snipers. On top of that you are complaining that some of the sniper rifles aren't power enough...lol
                    No, I'm actually not a sniper. But it's all about principle. Nerf one gun you have to nerf them all. In the end you are all running around shooting each other with, well, Nerf guns.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Shizzle
                      No, I'm actually not a sniper. But it's all about principle. Nerf one gun you have to nerf them all. In the end you are all running around shooting each other with, well, Nerf guns.
                      Why??? The sniper-gun is overpowered..its better than all other guns in the game so moderatly nerfing it does not mean you need to touch anything else.
                      To be honest..if I had anything to say I would get rid of the sniper class altogether. I know it has become a must-have in games like this but its almost always been decremental to gameplay.

Comment

The snipers need nerfed hardly, honestly, you'd have to be an idiot to not see they are blatantly overpowered. Pretty much every single shot is a one shot kill and it's just ruining the game. And puh-lease, you can easily 'nerf', it's not really a nerf when something is blatantly overpowered, the sniper class/gun without having to touch any other class.

The best way to solve this is simple, half the ammo the sniper gets, make the gun(s) actually require some form of skill to use and maybe increase the recoil, or make them all unzoom on fire. I'd rather they just limit the kit too 1-3 per team, or just remove it all together, because all limiting will bring is random tards crying as they want to be the sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Shizzle

So tell me for what reason would you have to nerf every thing else. Is this some kind of fps rule. If you nerf a gun then for what reason are you automatically required to nerf them all? The sniper rifle is more powerful than any gun in this game and you were complaining that the SVD is not powerful enough. That is crazy. Hoffman said it correctly a few posts above me. Snipers ruin gameplay and half a team of snipers makes it awful.

Comment

Originally posted by T-raV View Post
                            So tell me for what reason would you have to nerf every thing else. Is this some kind of fps rule. If you nerf a gun then for what reason are you automatically required to nerf them all? The sniper rifle is more powerful than any gun in this game and you were complaining that the SVD is not powerful enough. That is crazy. Hoffman said it correctly a few posts above me. Snipers ruin gameplay and half a team of snipers makes it awful.
                            I never said the SVD is not powerful enough. I don't know who you are talking about, but I never said that. If you give into one group complaining that the sniper is too powerful, then you have to give into another group complaining say, the Huey, is too powerful. If they don't nerf the huey, they are called a hypocrite for doing it to the sniper and not the Huey. So then the Huey starts to fire flowers at people. This continues until all the guns suck and it's a spray and pray fest.

In my oppinion, the best idea is to, like everyone else said, limit the sniper class. Make it a pickup placed in armories and strategic locations.

Originally posted by Ikuu View Post
                            The best way to solve this is simple, half the ammo the sniper gets, make the gun(s) actually require some form of skill to use and maybe increase the recoil, or make them all unzoom on fire. I'd rather they just limit the kit too 1-3 per team, or just remove it all together, because all limiting will bring is random tards crying as they want to be the sniper.
                            Dude, you didn't just say nerf the sniper. You said nuke it. There is no need to go to such extremes. Limit the class and learn tactics. That is all.

Comment

I agree with your points. That's why I love it so much, maybe some errors and bugs, but it's frigging 1.0. It don't take half a clip to kill some one, thats what I hated about bf2, like you can shoot them in the head and they don't die, I hate it!

Comment

Working...
                              X