Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 Deluxe Edition always asks to insert CD, but its already in there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Deluxe Edition always asks to insert CD, but its already in there!

So before I even start this is a real purchased version of the game. It has 5 cds and two keys so I am not using a downloaded game.

I am not using a no cd hack or mini image.

The game was working just fine 3 days ago on Windows XP. Since then I reformatted and installed Vista Business.

The game installs fine with no errors. I have selected to have the game run under admin control and Windows XP computability mode. Latest patch is installed. Hard drive was defragged.

Every time I use the desktop shortcut to run the game it opens that small BF2 screen before it goes full screen. It sits there for several minutes until it finally says "please ensure battlefield 2: Deluxe edition install disc is in the drive...." Well disc #1 is in the drive, the same damn drive that installed the game.

To try to fix this I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled. It did not help. I have searched for solutions b ut have found none. Anyone have an idea.

P.S. The play disc is not scratched.

Re: BF2 Deluxe Edition always asks to insert CD, but its already in there!

Had that same problem with another PC, but the CD hlding thingy was broken, that was two years ago, it "broke" becuase that PC was worst PC ever, I windows 95 could work better then that, so I sorta "accidently" kicked it....when it would start and when it did it restarted....so I had that bad need to kick something.

But my new PC doesn't do that....hehe all settings on high wheeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
      Had that same problem with another PC, but the CD hlding thingy was broken, that was two years ago, it "broke" becuase that PC was worst PC ever, I windows 95 could work better then that, so I sorta "accidently" kicked it....when it would start and when it did it restarted....so I had that bad need to kick something.

But my new PC doesn't do that....hehe all settings on high wheeeee!
      Thankfully I dont kick my computer when I am mad so that isnt the problem. Anyone else have an idea what is going on here. I did submit a ticket to EA and did follow their instructions on how to fix this problem but their instructions were not directed toward anyone running Vista so they were of little use.

Comment

Originally posted by crewkip View Post
        Thankfully I dont kick my computer when I am mad so that isnt the problem. Anyone else have an idea what is going on here. I did submit a ticket to EA and did follow their instructions on how to fix this problem but their instructions were not directed toward anyone running Vista so they were of little use.
        i've got the same problem i didn't do everything you did but except for installing vista, clean installing bf2, manually uninstalling it, and reinstalling it again. i'm actually looking at the error right now... we need help!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlife83 View Post
          i've got the same problem i didn't do everything you did but except for installing vista, clean installing bf2, manually uninstalling it, and reinstalling it again. i'm actually looking at the error right now... we need help!
          I did a clean install again. Installed all my drivers. Then installed BF2 without having installed Norton first.

I ran the install as an admin. Did the patch. Then installed Norton and it seems to have worked.
          Are you running a Dell?

Comment

Originally posted by crewkip View Post
            I did a clean install again. Installed all my drivers. Then installed BF2 without having installed Norton first.

I ran the install as an admin. Did the patch. Then installed Norton and it seems to have worked.
            Are you running a Dell?
            no i'm not running norting or any other anti virus. are you suggesting its a vista error? btw, i don't know if i'll be able to do a clean install. you see when i have an express upgrade to vista home premium from HP and when i had trouble upgrading so i had to choose clean install. so what windows did was keep my old windows folder and made vista my default OS. i deleted the windows.old folder after transfering a few files. i dont think i'll be able to roll back now. i would love to format and start over...

Comment

Working...
            X