• Show
Clear All

• running bf2 on vista(32bit)

i have a laptop from dell that is more than capable of running bf2

is uses core 2 duo
    2gb ran
    256mb 7300 Go (128mb turbo cache)
    vista home premium

it installed ok, but when i go to start it, it opens and closes straight away, i turned off the UAC, changed compatability to XP SP 2, still done the same.

havnt had a chance 2 download the latest BF2 upd8 yet since im on a throttle for another few hours so its running the retail version

if any1 has any suggestions pls help , this is supposed 2 perform well on this type of laptop... shame its running vista :laugh:

Re: running bf2 on vista(32bit)

1. That graphics card sucks, bf2 will barely be playable.
    2. Re enable UAC, disabling it is a really bad idea.
    3. Read the stickies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
      1. That graphics card sucks, bf2 will barely be playable.
      2. Re enable UAC, disabling it is a really bad idea.
      3. Read the stickies.
      1. the card is great, it runs all of the settings on high and with good performance
      2. i have turned it back on now
      3. i did read the stickies but the information to fix it was not there

it was an issue with this version of dell laptop... the refresh rate is 61hz, this had to b changed in the video.config file

thanks for ur help anyway

Comment

Originally posted by shabbauk
        1. the card is great, it runs all of the settings on high and with good performance
        2. i have turned it back on now
        3. i did read the stickies but the information to fix it was not there

it was an issue with this version of dell laptop... the refresh rate is 61hz, this had to b changed in the video.config file

thanks for ur help anyway
        I'm glad you fixed the problem, but that graphics card is garbage. First of all, it's the mobile version of the 7300gt, which means it has slower clockspeeds to start, it uses shared memory, and since the 7300gt (which is faster than the card you have) is pretty much equal to a 6600gt, that card= sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
          , and since the 7300gt (which is faster than the card you have) is pretty much equal to a 6600gt, that card= sucks.
          I really don't think so. Since when did the 6600 GT ever suck? Just for fun,

7300 Go vs the 7300GT. The GT is almost twice as fast. And now the 660GT and the 7300GT,

So please tell me how the 7300GT compares to the 6600GT again. The 6200 would be a more apt comparison.

I do agree with you though that the 7300 Go is a POS, and there is no way that he is playing BF2 like this,

the card is great, it runs all of the settings on high and with good performance
          there is no way that card can play smoothly on high, especially with its 64 bit memory.

Comment

You're just comparing the actual hardware specs,but when you look at it when it comes to actual gameplay they're about equal.
            http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=562&p=2 (more benchmarks on the other pages)

And the 6600gt was a great card when it was new, but now it's at least 2 years old and really isn't that great anymore.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X