Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24/7 maps

This is a question for those of you who play 24/7 maps:

Is a certain map really that good that you can play it every time you log on? Personally I get sick of a map after the fourth round..
    It´s not like people use any real tactics on such maps. Everyone knows where the opposing team will try to advance..

And no, I don´t want to hear "don´t play them..go play PR.." or any other premature comments. I honestly want to know how you don´t get sick of a map..

Re: 24/7 maps

I cant speak for everyone but for me I like to play the less popular maps. I mostly play the Sharqi map but Its because I like for it to be displayed in my stats as the most played. Im like you, I dont see how anyone can play that same old one map over and over. Or even worse, the one map with that one kit. Come on live a little, ok.

You all know those types. The ones with almost 400 hours in the game and 300 of them were in a chopper with the medic kit, LOL. To each his own I guess. Im not trying to put anyone down but there is more than one thing that you can do in this game you know. Anyway, I dont know how they do it. . . . . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

I play 24/7 Wake on occasion... Guess what? I don't fly...

Well, I will if I can "steal" a chopper/jet.

Anyway, I like to ground pound, but I switch it up with some commanding every once in a while. Yeah, it can get boring (extremely) when one team dominates, but I usually find a couple good rounds. I can't play much more that 2 hours at a time so this works. Otherwise, it's DM servers or a IO server.... both of which I hate because of suckiness.

I don't know. You'd be surprised at the amount of variability in a game once you step outside of Karkand. Sure, Wake is probably the second most predictable, but with certain rules (no attacking the carrier until the US has 1 flag), it makes a difference. Just depends...

BTW, I'm trying to get my PLA hours over 100... yeah, I don't necessarily play for stats, but I suppose, in this case, I am. It's not like I sit idle, or only play on PLA... I just play on a 24/7 USMC v PLA server... sorry, that was random.

Comment

nice sig dave , thats a quote from a tool song, third eye i think. But on topic/// I dont play more than two rounds per map anymore, and yeas i have most hours on karkand, but i wont play it again, unitl i have replaced it as my most played with a map i have yet to achieve 3 hours with (zatar or songhua)
        but yeah 24/7 is an easy way to get sick of BF2, it is a diverse game, experience it.

Comment

As a ground pounder I prefer IO maps and Karkand is one of the best, Sharqi follows, then RtJ.
          Karkand is my most played map, but it always was even before IO came out.
          I can only play about 4 hours a WEEK. I have 2 main playing days, so I get about 2 hours/playing day, so it's not that likely that I can get bored of a map.
          I think the reason that Karkand IO became that popular is that it is soooo easy to get a lot of points. So people that are bored by the map still play it to get points. There are so many players on Karkand that don't care about winning the round, just getting kills/revives/points.
          Sometimes I'm very surprised that the US even caps a flag instead of just nadespamming. <- sorry a bit off-topic

In the end, if you don't want to get bored, don't play that much :laugh:

FipZ

Comment

i play wake all the time, i play it because its my favourite map, and PLA allways win:P

adn im a very good commander there

Comment

I play on 24/7 ONLY mainly because i hate wasting time loading up maps and my comp is crappy so by the time i do get in the battle is already well underway. i try to avoid IO as all it is is noobs

Comment

24/7 SURGE! Pity there aren't more populated servers running Surge.

Comment

I like 24/7 Karkand IO. Pause for gasp. And no I am not a nade whore or a supply/medic whore or claymore whore. Nope I am a rare breed, I am a shotgun whore. So Karkand gives me the best chance to get in the face of people to use my shotty effectively. I just like constant action and you can get plenty of it round after round of Karkand. I do get bored, I just move on, usually to BFV. I also like 24/7 Iron Gator servers. Not to many of them though. I do like all the city maps so 24/7 city map servers work too.

Comment

I really dont play much bf2 vanilla anymore but i usually like zatar but there is never any populated servers or any even running it. I used to play just 24/7 wake and it taught me to fly and to try different junk. then i got tired of jet whores so i went to infantry only at like jalalabad. i never really liked karkand.

Comment

I just play them for the sake of not having to load another map , as im in need of RAM and would rather play than wait

Comment

ya i pass up any server that has 24/7 for any single or two maps....i can play on three maps rotation MIN....

one map is definately boring....i notice the for example, the 24/7 karkand servers play much differently than a server that simply has karkand in its rotation, because non-24/7 karkand servers actually employ tactic, and teamwork for the win, not just netting points in the cheapest and most selfish way possible...

my point is, that on 24/7 servers, ppl know exactly whats going to happen, and where because its all they play and they have it down pat....i never see any new tactic (if any at all is present) amd its always the same round, over and over...

Comment

I must confesse to being a former karkan i/o 24/7 player but now that i have found a good map rotation i like i stay well away from my former fav amps

//Wgk

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                            one map is definately boring....i notice the for example, the 24/7 karkand servers play much differently than a server that simply has karkand in its rotation, because non-24/7 karkand servers actually employ tactic, and teamwork for the win, not just netting points in the cheapest and most selfish way possible...
                            Hardly...everyone plays the maps to hell they know what to expect anyway...if i play 24/7 mshtr i will still change my plan for the round every time

Comment

I used to play full rotation servers but I got tired of the loading time, Wake is my favorite map so I play Krackhouse or Slaughter House alot, and for those who dont know, Krackhouse is an "anything goes rape the carrier all you want" server while the TSH server is the exact opposite and I have a good game on either server, I rarely get raped on Krackhouse unless I join late in the round, and all in all I say the game usually goes down a little differently each round depending on who the players are so thats enough variety for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X