Weird Missile Explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Missile Explosion

I got a question, everytime I chase a jet and I fire my missiles at it, they will follow and hit the jet but when they hit the jet, it does not damage, you can see the missiles hit the jet, explosion, fire, smoke and all that, but no damage what so ever, so I was just curious if this has happened to any of y'all or if it is because of my interpolation time that I have changed a while back because of the tv missiles or if its just apart of it or its just me thats having the problem, so if anyone could help me out of this subject, I would really appreciate it.

Re: Weird Missile Explosion

How can you tell that it doesn't do damage?

Comment

you need more than 1 hit !!

Comment

try firing two missles, his tail end will begin to trail black/grey smoke...wthere maybe ive prooved you wrong

Comment

No, I'm saying I hit the jet with at least 1 or 2 missiles and you can see it actually following the jet and hitting it but not damage was done, no black smoke or gray smoke, nothing they just fly off with no damage done to them.

Has this happened to any of y'all, or could you tell me what y'all think is the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by bodrider
            No, I'm saying I hit the jet with at least 1 or 2 missiles and you can see it actually following the jet and hitting it but not damage was done, no black smoke or gray smoke, nothing they just fly off with no damage done to them.

Has this happened to any of y'all, or could you tell me what y'all think is the problem?
            Are you taking in the possibility that you may have missed them? Sometimes it looks like a missile hit went it didnt especially while making a bank turn and when flares are being released. I dont recall how much damage has to be done until you even see smoke.

Comment

Lag, packet loss, etc. Basically, as a result of client side prediction, you see your missile hit and explode, but the enemy probably did something dodgy and managed to avoid the missile, so when the server gets an update from them, it tells your client that you didn't actually hit them after all, hence no damage but still an explosion.

Either that, or you were dumbfiring missiles at a friendly jet. Speaking of which, the F-35B can get locked onto by friendly missiles, be warned.

Comment

Like I said on xfire and i've said it here alot... it's BF2's ****ty netcode..

The shots look like they hit on your screen but to the servers' perspective it doesn't hit.

Comment

This has happened to me only in Fu She pass (that has to be spelled wrong lol). I guessing its along the lines of what other people have mentioned here. I can only imagine that it happenes to me on that map because it is much bigger and graphic intensive than other maps, so lag is bound to be an issue.

Comment

Ha...funny story..

Comment

maybe the rockets reachhed their max distance and blew up from reaching the end of their range, and had done so close to your target, giving the false appearence of a hit.....

either that, or i will guess its a typical combination of lag, and lousy hit boxes.....but i think it would hit with a laggy hitbox more often than not if you are firing from behind...

thats one pickle of a melon scratcher...

Comment

it did hit but it olny hit a tip of a wing so it does veryu little damage

Comment

sounds to me like your fighting a J-10.

Comment

Actually, to me it happened against an F18 when I was in a J10.

Comment

is it the JSF or F35B or the same?

Comment

Working...
                              X