Cone of Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cone of Fire

Sorry for a noob question, but I hear so much speak/complaining about the "cone of fire" in BF2, What do you all mean? I don't understand it.

Re: Cone of Fire

Me neither, I think it has something to do with where the bullets go?

Comment

It's a stupid dumb thing to make it easier for scrubs who can't aim. when you aim at something, and you shoot at it, and 3 of the 7 bullets hit the target, when your iron sights are right on it, thats cone-of-fire. stupid EA and there gay dumb *** ways to make money.

Comment

Monkman is correct. Its a way to help the Noobs to be able to hit something. There are several sites that do a good job of explaining it but it makes a lot more sense if you can see it for yourself. To see it go to an empty server, so it doesnt lower your accuracy rate, and find a wall to shoot at. Stand back about 10 meters and fire a short burst, about 4 or 5 shots, at it. Then pick one of those bullet holes and do it again. Next back up abot 4 or 5 steps and do it again. The M249 is a good weapon to use for this because it has a big cone of fire. It will become very clear that most of the weapons wont hit the target that you are aiming at all the time. During a fire fight if you can hit the target with 50% of every burst thats about as good as it gets, except at close range.

About the only way to do better is to put your weapon on single fire and try to stay away from a close, face to face, fire fight. Of course the sniper weapons are an exception as long as you reaim after every shot (i.e. SVD). Good Luck. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Working...
        X