Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing Battlefield 2 with "copied" disk? (doesn't work)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Battlefield 2 with "copied" disk? (doesn't work)

I know this question has probably been asked dozens of times but I couldn't find it in the forum search results.

I am trying to play BF2 with a copied disk and it keeps telling me to install the disk in the drive? I have the original Battlefield 2 disk, but I also have 6 & 10 year old kids that don't know how to take care of their $50 video games. So I burned a copy of the original and am letting them trash the copy.

However BF2 is not reading the copied disk. What do I have to do to get it to read?

Thanks,

Jamie

Re: Playing Battlefield 2 with "copied" disk? (doesn't work)

a no cd/dvd crack will work fine, just backup your original .exe file

Comment

Thanks. Any suggestions on where to get a clean one? I've cleaned out enough Trojans from my system this month.

Comment

gamecopyworld (or something lol) you can download a mini image.
        use with daemon tools
        This is how i keep my discs good, i used to just use my SF disc to play but it was getting worn too. From putting in drive then getting layed ontop of comp when i was using other discs. Last time i had to install SF the disc had errors and i had to clean it with warm soapy water before it would work.
        Thats why i started to use a mini image

Edit : If you cant find it or get it working PM me, i have the files and can talk you through how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Night735
          gamecopyworld (or something lol) you can download a mini image. use with daemon tools...
          This is definitely the way to do it. mount a mini-image using Daemon-tools. Its very easy to do, and hassle free. you can also mount an .iso of your disk if you dont want to use a mini-image for some reason.

also reference these threads:

"Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Mini image - yes

Crack - NO!

The crack will cause PunkBuster to kick you every time...the mini image works flawlessly with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by abtomat74
              Mini image - yes

Crack - NO!

The crack will cause PunkBuster to kick you every time...the mini image works flawlessly with no problems.
              Exactly correct.

Tonic, don't give advice here anymore if you're gonna give really bad ones.

Comment

Working...
              X