Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Some Lag

Hi Guys,

First of all great mod.. Love it... but for some reason I can't play "El Alamein" I get a very serious lag.

I run a Dual Core AMD 175 Opteron with 2 Gigs of RAM and a 8800 GTS video card.

Could it be Windows Vista?

Othe rmods or vanilla BF2 run just fine... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance..

Re: Having Some Lag

A lot of people are having the same problem. I pretty much cant play any map that has aircraft without getting bad lag. Alamein and Gazala are the ones that stick out in my mind.

Comment

I believe there will be a patch addressing this issue. Personally, I never had any lag problems. My specs: AMD 3500 939pin, 2gig 6600GT PCiE. But like mafia said, enough ppl are having them for us to look into and get a fix out soon.

Comment

I have sometimes BIG probs flying above enemybase...depends on the server as well
        Besides that No lag.

Comment

I too have have been having alot of lag, especially in the apache chopper

Comment

I think the newer 8800's are lagging more than the older video cards. Driver issue.

Comment

Lags for me and others in my clan on pretty much most of the larger maps.

Comment

DCON mod having bad lag issues on some of the bigger maps

my freind and I just installed it and tried playing it but when we go to big maps like el alemain we get lag but our pings are perfedctly fine like 55. anyone else havbe this issue or know how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
                  I think the newer 8800's are lagging more than the older video cards. Driver issue.
                  I have a 6800, and I cant imagine it getting any worse lol. I really can't play at all on large maps. I dont think its a problem with graphics cards/ drivers. Its something about the mod that Im not even going to try and pretend to know anything about. They said they were looking into it, and Im confident theyll get it fixed, so Im just waiting right now.

Comment

ya, amazingly on my nvidia 8800 and 2 gigs of ram i sometimes lag, i get around 40-90 fps in 64/64 man servers on lost village particularly.

Comment

Re: DCON mod having bad lag issues on some of the bigger maps

Are you using a 8800 card or windows vista ?

Comment

Re: DCON mod having bad lag issues on some of the bigger maps

im using a 7600GS 512mb and i beleive my settings are at medium and all of the guys in my ventrilo have the same issues

Comment

yea, i have the same problem with having lag on the large maps and so do the ppl in my ventrilo. im running amd 3500+ am2 with 1gb ram and a 7600gs video card.

Comment

Taking a quick look inside - The maps are in need of serious optimization.

Comment

try turning down your mipmaps in your video card control panel. it helped out a few of our guys that were getting bad lag in the choppers.

Comment

Working...
                              X