Mod Client/Server Easy Tech Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Client/Server Easy Tech Question

I am confused with downloading mods. I downloaded PR and it works great! But what is a "client file" and what is a "server" file? I'm confused, I know that a client is what you need to play but do you need to download the server file also? Or is that only for server hosting? Thanks for the Help.

PS- Im asking this because I wanted to download Desert Conflict and the client/server thing got me confused....also is this mod any good and worth downloading?

Re: Mod Client/Server Easy Tech Question

The client file will enable you to join servers that have the server file.

You would only need to download the server file if you wanted to host a server on your local machine or a remote server to host the mod.

So just downloading the client file will be fine.

Comment

Hey guys' Can someone type out a walkthrough on how to host a local server when using a router. Unfortunatly i cant go direct into the cable modem i am sharing the connection. I wanna make servers that i can put up whenever a few of us wanna play something different. Currently i want to make a US Intervention server for BF2. Any and all help is appreciated as usuall. Thanks'

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. TheHeartSmasher
        The client file will enable you to join servers that have the server file.

You would only need to download the server file if you wanted to host a server on your local machine or a remote server to host the mod.

So just downloading the client file will be fine.

Thats what I thought. Thanks alot.

Comment

So what your saying is. For me to download the server file and then try and host a local game for people to join via the IP?

I just want to make sure i understand correctly.

Comment

Working...
          X