Scud and arti...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scud and arti...

i tried the mod and it looked awsome .. only one question.. well two... is there a manual with all the vehicles ..etc and how to aim those scuds and arti trucks???

Re: Scud and arti...

Here you go, this explain everything you need to know regarding Arty and any other aspect of our mod. Enjoy... The Arty is so damn fun..

Comment

oh wow, this mod looks so cool, i can't wait to play

Comment

the only complaint i have with this system is that when a spot is given there is no indication where the spot actually is on the map so, especially with the scud, it can take some time to figure out where this target is.

If i remeber correctly the original DC would give you a marker on the map so you could roughly guess what compass direction to fire. I could be mistaken though it has been some time since i played DC.

Comment

well, with some time, you learn what different areas of the map look like from different directions. So you know on 73 for instance. You see a few large oil tanks (the big storage tanks) and some smaller building near them, you know that's Norfolk. So you know which direction to aim.

Take a good guess as to the elevation (gets easier to judge with more use) and fire a test shot. If you don't see it in the camera, you probably missed short. if you hear it but don't see it, you missed long or to the side.

Comment

Im not saying it cant be done. as a matter of fact if you pull up the map you can usually take a educated guess as to what they want you to hit. as far as distance goes that just requires practice. I was simply saying a compas indicator as to what direction fire is requested would be nice.

Comment

In DC for 1942. When you were in the arty and a spot had been made (i am not sure if this is the case in DCON as i have not had the chance to test it yet):

one of the screens open to you was the spot cam shot. The other was a graphical representation of your arty on the map. On this screen there was a big circle with your arty placed somewhere on the circle. The centre of the circle represents the target that was spotted. The icon for the arty showed the turret. You needed to rotate the turret of the icon to point towards the centre of the circle. Then fire. You then switched to the spot cam to see approx where your shot went (as long as it was close enough) for fine adjustment.

I used to use the arty (MLRS) in clan matches in original DC with practice i could pixel aim from the main base to hit both middle bases on Desert shield.

It wont be long before we are all complaining about the scud. With someone who knew what he was doing in DC1942.....targetting the main base, the blast radius was enough to ensure no one could escape. He was able to get this going within a min of map starting. Every missile reaped about 2-10 kills massive KDR ensued

Comment

Working...
              X