Special Forces - Crash to Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces - Crash to Desktop

OK, I did a search through the forums and found no reference to my problem.

Aside from the occasional crash I have the following problem when I play Special Forces online: Whenever I'm involuntarily switched to the other team BF2 crashes to the desktop. It happens every time. Of course I'm always switched to the losing team. I don't know if it will happen if I try to switch teams as this is not something I do. It does not happen when I play the regular BF2 online just Special Forces.

Anyone have any suggestions? Yes, I have all the current patches and such.

Re: Special Forces - Crash to Desktop

When running a program and it crashes like this. It could be a dll is corrupt which is only used when the team change takes place. This could explain why it is so specific. I would suggest a reinstall of the last major fix to reinstall the files. And just to be sure run checkdisk (chkdsk) for any filesystem issues which would explain a corruption.

Also just try a manual team change to see if it crashes too.

P.S. A dll corruption could be with BF2, the OS or a driver so a look through the Event Viewer would be worth while.

Jon

Comment

Moved, please remember that all questions about bf2 go into Support, the Tech Center is for hardware questions only.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
        Moved, please remember that all questions about bf2 go into Support, the Tech Center is for hardware questions only.

Just a suggestion: Maybe the two supports ought to be titled Software Support and Hardware Support.

Comment

Working...
        X