X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Helo question...

How do you aim the TV missles???

I don't spend much time on planes/helo. The other night i was a gunner and I was doing a ****ty job of killing with the TV missles. After a few deaths, the pilot told me he was better off on his own.

Kinnda hurt my feelings :cry:

One you aim and fire, how do you change it's course?

Re: Stupid Helo question...

keeping clicking. the missile will move to the center of reticle whenever you hit the left mouse button or whatever you use to fire.

Comment

Yeah just keep clicking to guide it.
      It can take a bit of getting used to, as your used to aiming at the centre of your screen.
      Dont feel bad for not knowing, you would be surprised how many gunners i pick up dont know how to guide it

Comment

what they said

Comment

^^^yes.

only time i have ever agreed with you....

Comment

Originally posted by makka99 View Post
            ^^^yes.

only time i have ever agreed with you....
            :laugh:

Comment

Move this to discussion. It says in big red letters right under the title tips & tricks Please do NOT request help here. and you will probably get more responces and some more in detail tips on how to do it, like when u r soloing and stuff.

Comment

ok, before you fire you will see the square and inside that a little moveable cross
                aim that at the target and keep clicking whilst it is over the target, LIKE PARACHUTES IT TAKES A FEW CLICKS TO GUIDE IT EACH TIME

When doing chopper air-air, you must be higher than the other chopper to be able to see the cross-hairs properly and that's why you always see pro pilots and gunners flying high, redy to pick you off when you cant get a good retaliative shot back with the TV

Comment

You don't guide Para's with Clicks :|:?

Comment

Originally posted by Darcshadow2 View Post
                    When doing chopper air-air, you must be higher than the other chopper to be able to see the cross-hairs properly and that's why you always see pro pilots and gunners flying high, redy to pick you off when you cant get a good retaliative shot back with the TV
                    You're so clueless, only noobs that think they are pro fly high.
                    Real pro pilots fly closer to the ground so they have cover against AA and jets.

Comment

Originally posted by Envy337 View Post
                      How do you aim the TV missles???

I don't spend much time on planes/helo. The other night i was a gunner and I was doing a ****ty job of killing with the TV missles. After a few deaths, the pilot told me he was better off on his own.

Kinnda hurt my feelings :cry:

One you aim and fire, how do you change it's course?
                      Watch movies of e.g. Sloi, Churrasco and some other Heli Pilots, so you can get an idea of it

Comment

In the first 100 metres or so of the flight, the missile is guided just by moving your mouse, the rest of the flight has to be clicked through.

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
                        what they said
                        Isn't that enough to get him permbanned? Seriously, that f*cker has to leave these forums. The mods know of him and the problem he is by nature, why doesn't anyone do ANYTHING? Scums like him should be allowed to use a computer at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco View Post
                          You're so clueless, only noobs that think they are pro fly high.
                          Real pro pilots fly closer to the ground so they have cover against AA and jets.
                          Thats not true, if your close to the ground your flares are useless because they will hit the ground faster. If you are high you have lots of room to dodge missiles and you will gain speed when you go down to get behind cover and prepare to take out the threat.

Comment

There is some truth about good pilots keeping it high. I have seen some low-flyers that do well, but as their gunner, you have to be fast, and don't have time to lineup good shots. Most of the better pilots know that altitude is their friend. Tanks, tows, and APCs have a harder time, there is more room to dodge, and for lining up missle shots. Getting low has its place though. Nothing wrong with hiding from AA, or making things hard for jets.

Ok, here is the best tip I know to hit with TVs ...lead the shot, and then when there is only a couple clicks left, then click right on the target. You want to see the dot in the middle of the crosshairs ON the target. When you get that close, keep clicking, til it hits. This is where altitude, and nicely lined up shots pay dividends in accuracy ...more time to adjust, means more hits. Know a TV missles range, so you know when to fire and take advantage of the time given to lineup shots. Of course practice, and then when you get better, start thinking about lag and hit-boxes.

Comment

The first click as you shoot, where ever you click on the screen, the missile will turn that way right away. Sounds confusing but often it can just take 1 accurate click to kll tanks, just click on a parked tank and the missile will hit.

And yer always lead the target, if you flying to aim the Tv guide missile, lead the target slightly. The box is just below the aimer on the hud of the heli.

Comment

Working...
                              X