Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death cam help please.

Hello all,

I have seen many videos of people watching other players on the map, while they were dead.

So my question is, how do I do that? Thank you for you help.

--------Bradley---------

Re: Death cam help please.

Press the little X at the top right hand of the spawn screen then press C to switch between players.

Comment

Thank you Night, I guess this can be closed now, unless some1 would like to add something?

Comment

You have to have died once to do it. You can't start a round watching. That's all I can add.

Comment

ok, thanks for the information.

Comment

They should do what Call of Duty did, you can see how they killed you, that's why I love CoD 2

Comment

If free cam is enabled (server side option) hit your jump key when killed (not wounded) and you will enter free cam. Hit cycle camera view (your vehicle one) to return to player chase cam.

Comment

I love using free cam view, because you can find the snipers and campers, and either avoid them, or knife them. Or if you killed, and you can't tell from where, you can check to see if they're running with a squad to a point. Fun stuff.

Comment

I use free cam as an admin. Just park it over a hanger and watch the monkeys go at it.

Comment

If server doesn't support free camera (just player camera only) is it possible somehow to move the camera around the player (or even better to fix it constantly behind him so u can see as closest to what he sees)???

The reason I ask is because I suspect one very high ranking player on the server where we usually play and I would like to record him "in action" with fraps....

Thanks!

Comment

To move free cam, use the WASD keys and the mouse.

For the 3rd person player cam, you have to be on the same team as this guy. You must die once. Don't select a spawn point and click the X on the map when it pops up. Now just press C to cycle through until you find the guy. Record away.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                        To move free cam, use the WASD keys and the mouse.

For the 3rd person player cam, you have to be on the same team as this guy. You must die once. Don't select a spawn point and click the X on the map when it pops up. Now just press C to cycle through until you find the guy. Record away.
                        Thanks for the answer, but You didn't help at all - I knew that :-(

Freecam is not supported on this server, neither is battlerecorder - just 3rd person player cam so I am limited to recording this view with fraps.

I asked if it is possible to change camera tilt/position/angle during "watching" other player through 3rd person player cam...

Can You help me with that?

Comment

In 3rd person view, you can't control the camera at all. All you can do is cycle through the players.

Still, if you believe someone is cheating, this should give convincing evidence to investigate further.

Sorry for saying what you already knew .

Comment

i didnt know that
                            and yeah thanks for the extra info
                            to all us nubs thats good info
                            (Im not a noob btw)
                            (although others may think different)

Comment

In 3rd person view, you can't control the camera at all. All you can do is cycle through the players.

Still, if you believe someone is cheating, this should give convincing evidence to investigate further.
                              The problem with this 3rd person camera is that it has really stupid perspective tilt from which it is very hard to establish fact could the "cheater" in normal conditions see the target or is he using some walhack/radar/nametag hack. Especially if he is changing direction a lot (which is happening on almost every city map) and camera is ften following him from front side if he is moving backwards - can't see sh*t in this case :-((

Sorry for saying what you already knew .
                              No problem mate, it is the thought that counts ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X