How do I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I...

only bullet drop ive experienced is with the M95 but that could have been the thick cross hairs.

Experience is the only way of answering this question.

Bullet HIT isnt instantaneous unless close, there is a time frame

Bullet DROP, wouldnt worry about it, espcially with M24 and L96A1

There's a video on you tube, will try and find the link, that proves that hitboxes follow the player and i.e they're running right, aim to their left ear and the hit connects, aim in front and nothing!!

Same as when you shoot then prone behind a wall but you get shot while dropping, the hitbox isnt directly on the player but follows you!!

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
      maybe it could make it as a sticky if this works out.

....that was kinda supposed to be funny but nvrmnd.

How do I kill name tags in battlerecorder?

Is there any way to get first person view in BR?

Comment

....that was kinda supposed to be funny but nvrmnd.

How do I kill name tags in battlerecorder?

Is there any way to get first person view in BR?
        Download BattleLauncher (v1.2? I think), it has an option for no nametags.

But make sure you either use it on a different profile, or remember to backup the files through BattleLauncher under Settings, I think, before joining a MP gma.e Otherwise you get kicked from the server AFTER loading.

2nd question...unfortunately, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
          its exploiting the stats system
          What we could add to this discussion are players like me, that perhaps play on the server just to play 'pistols n Knives'. This was a popular mode in Counterstrike along with many other mods. I wouldn't be 'exploiting stats system' myself by playing there, because I don't give a crap about such things.

I can see the server members itself 'exploiting' by confining the gameplay area into a small area in a bid to simply maximize points and 'stat pad'. I wouldn't want to play on those servers, because to play that way in a 100 square foot area is just boring. Using the whole map, capping flags, etc and only using pistols and knives? Why not?

However, any server that simply restricted weapons and advertised this in their server name, etc and DIDN'T restrict the area of gameplay (using the entire map) should not be considered a bad thing.

Different modes of gameplay to enhance our BF2 experience should not be frowned upon. I'm sure a Zombie-Mod server for BF2 would also be against the ROE, but would be a hell of a lot of fun - and extends the lifetime and sales of the game.

Valve has mastered this longevity by allowing servers to run different rules/mods/features/low-grav to extend the life of the game. This has allowed sales of Counterstrike to continue, long after it's initial release.

In the end, who cares if players stat-pad? We all know stats are just a general measure of skill - if you take less shots with your sniper rifle and only take the best shots your accuracy rating will go up - in a way you are stat-padding right there. Having a higher rank doesn't really give you a skill/accuracy/weapon-purchase/new magic spell bonus over other players - you can beat them to be a commander, that's it.

I prefer to just play the game the way I want - if I want to spray a few extra bullets at something for the hell of it I will never think "OH TEH NOEZ! I just lowered my accuracy stats!"

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC
            You can't cancel either of those(order or request).

Simply set a new order for your squad, and just type to the commander that you don't need it.
            No i swear theres a way, im always in squads where they have an order out and then it goes away

Comment

Hey i was thinking about doing some sort of "assasin" like thing where i hunt the enemy commander all the time to keep other team down, to do this i need to be commander (scan) anyway to determine which dot is enemy commander?

Comment

Hey i was thinking about doing some sort of "assasin" like thing where i hunt the enemy commander all the time to keep other team down, to do this i need to be commander (scan) anyway to determine which dot is enemy commander?
                False.

You just need your team's commander to spot their commander. He will be the only white dot spotted. You'll have to find his hiding spot. And if he's a good commander, he'll hide well, or realize you are sneaking up on him and he will kill you (or get someone to protect him).

Not a bad idea though. It can be really debilitating to a team. Plus, they'd all probably start complaining that their commander isn't doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                  False.

You
                  Not a bad idea though. It can be really debilitating to a team. Plus, they'd all probably start complaining that their commander isn't doing anything.

sweet i cna imagine a guy being the first erson on that server to be mutinied because of me

Comment

Best idea ever

i think...

Comment

I've tried to do that before...but my commander never spotted him. You've have to have a good commander or a friend to do it for you.

Comment

Or just be commander

in bf1942 players would spawn AT get in plane and when chased in a dogfight some learned to pull up, bail out and then shoot the enemy plane then when their plane came came around they got back in.

Is that possible in bf2 or are the rockets to slow and the jets to fast.

Comment

Working...
                        X