Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Battleship Mod

This mod is sooo awesome!

The amount of teamwork required in order to make a efficient War Ship is just fantastic! Im really really impressed with all aspects of this mod!

If you havnt tried it yet, what the hell are you waiting for?!?!?

Its got:

- HUGE SHIPS!!!! ENORMOUS!!! As big if not bigger than the huge ships from bf42 pirates mod!

- HUGE MAPS!!!! tons of cool custom statics, with forts etc

- EXTREME VIEW DISTANCE!!!! It looks like at least 1000 meters! The longest range combat that battlefield series has EVER seen ! quite impressive, it doesnt lag at all either!

Really these guys have out-done themselves, and with bold steps like removing nametags, its really a skilled game! Boarding an enemies ship is just so intense!

My favorite moment so far is when I had boarded an enemy ship. Storytime:

I grabbed a very light fast ship, and headed towards an enemy battleship with my cutlass in hand. I stealthfully came in from their aft and slide along side their boat, seemingly unnoticed as their cannons were all engaging a frigate on the starboard side. I jumped ship and made my way toward the bridge. The captain was there, and he was paying no attention to his door! I took my cutlass out and slit his throat! Immediately the ships engines were disabled, it appears the captain was manuevering away from my forces fleet! 500 meters away my friendly ships began to turn broadside, and soon enough they began pounding the enemy ship into submission, the one I am currently on!!!!

I was getting rocked by the explosions everywhere, I ran to get off the bridge as it was very exposed to the cannon fire. The enemies cannons were desperately swinging around to engage their new threat, but it was too late, they were already taking on water. Now Im stuck on a walkway of sorts, halfway between the captains bridge and freedom, when I see the whole ship lurch forward and begin to sink!!!! Enemy sailors were scampering off the deck, jumping overboard, as I desperately tried to claw my way off the walkway!

Suddenly a rush of water came over the walkway and my head became submerged underwater! I was actually sinking with the rest of the ship, stuck on that walkway from helll!!! I was desperately trying to swim underwater, trying to get free of the railing I appeared to have gotten stuck in. Finally I freed myself and I was quickly pushed upward toward the surface! I break open through the surface to see the most horrific water scene ever in BF2. Enemy sailors are swimming in every direction, completely panicked and terrified, desperately swimming towards a single lifeboat a few hundred meters away.

Our fleet wasted no time in advancing on the sinking boats position, and one of our light frigates began circling the survivors, the entire time strafing the surface of the water with machine gun bursts. It was a horrific scene, these poor bastards were helpless, and I was one of them. My team were truly heartless killers, killing these poor sailors as they treaded water! I desperately called for a pickup and to my surprise, the machine gun boat stoped firing, slowed down and I climbed on board!!! I was saved from the frigid waters of the Sea! The boat I was on then continued to circle the survivors, showing them no mercy. Although I am disgusted with myself now, I had a duty to perform, and I helped my fellow sailors murder all those poor communists in the ocean, that dreadful day.

Anyways, please check out this mod! http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/...file_id=394531

PS: BB devs, please contact me!! Id love to see BB become very succesful!

Re: Battlefield Battleship Mod

ye this mod is really fun, been playing it quite alot over the last few days

ye it has some bugs but this is still a early version and still worth playing

Comment

I was really suprised at how much fun i've been getting out of this mod....

Fuzzhead is spot on about teamwork rising to the top....Nothing like being an fire observer and telling every gunner how to adjust there fire.

Comment

The best part is stealing planes in the life boats

Comment

yeah, when the enemy nick your fighter planes and swat all your bombers out of the sky things do get a bit hectic!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead
            - EXTREME VIEW DISTANCE!!!! It looks like at least 1000 meters!
            3,000 on the all water maps

Thanks for all the praise guys

A patch will be out soon to fix most of the bugs, balance and map issues

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
              3,000 on the all water maps
              im prety sure BF2 only has a max of 1000m view distance.

Comment

heres my recommendations for making this an outstanding mod, and not simply BF2 on the water:

1) get rid of supply drops, they are really really lame and dont make any sense. If you want a repair object, make some kind of repair frigate.

2) DO NOT have ships respawn, and simply have a ton of ships. When all ships are destroyed = game ends and the team who survived wins

3) Get rid of tickets completely

Doing these things would set the mod apart. Because playing a mod like this, the LAST THING i want to do is get to the anal capturing of flags. Seeing that turns me off to the mod big time...

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead
                  1) get rid of supply drops, they are really really lame and dont make any sense. If you want a repair object, make some kind of repair frigate.
                  They shouldnt even have been in release, there gone for the upcoming patch

and the tender rearms and repairs the other ships

2) DO NOT have ships respawn, and simply have a ton of ships. When all ships are destroyed = game ends and the team who survived wins
                  This is a game mode we will be including in the next release, along with standard conquest and hopefully a CTF hybrid(capture the ship )

Doing these things would set the mod apart. Because playing a mod like this, the LAST THING i want to do is get to the anal capturing of flags. Seeing that turns me off to the mod big time...
                  Different strokes for different folkes....Ive gotten alot of complaints about not having enough flags....if you dont like capping flags then dont Also The 2 large sea maps dont have any flags.....but having an area to fight over makes thing more interesting IMHO.

Originally posted by Rhino
                  im prety sure BF2 only has a max of 1000m view distance.
                  Code:
                  GameLogic.MaximumLevelViewDistance 3000

Comment

hehe love the mod as well.. some very creative and skilled modding going on there

A "destroy the fleet" game mode would be outstanding.

What I think Rhino is saying is that even if you set it to 3000, it will only render to 1000 due to hardcoding. Might be wrong, but I think I experienced that.

Comment

Code:
                      GameLogic.MaximumLevelViewDistance 3000
                      ye but just cos its in the code, dont mean that its rendering to that distance, to me it only looks like 1000ms ingame but i will 2x check that

Comment

well its a x4 map....and at the spawn points you can see all the way accross to the other teams spawn....so however far tha is....thats the view distance

Comment

well its a x4 map....and at the spawn points you can see all the way accross to the other teams spawn....so however far tha is....thats the view distance
                          as your mod has no 3d map stuff its really hard to tell how far away something is (which is good for gameplay).

will probaly load up the edtiro and take a look to confirm it

also zuiquan1, add me to msn or xfire both are in my profile.

Comment

It is not in Modjive.

*Searches for mirrors*

Comment

It should be, It might not show till after another one of there patches.

Also, we have just released a new patch

Originally posted by Changelog
                              CTD with squad orders fixed
                              BF2CC issues fixed
                              Reduced bomb strength
                              Adjusted flak effectiveness
                              Fixed Typhoon fighter handling
                              All commander special functions (artillery, supply, uav, sattelite) removed
                              Thunder bomber reload time at tender reduced
                              Ship death explosions adjusted to allow more chance of survival on large ships
                              No recharge on rifleman and medic abilities fixed
                              North Sea, Briggs Bank, and Battle for Supremacy textures redone
                              Battle for Supremacy changed to night conditions
                              General map balance fixes (flags, ships per side, etc)
                              Ship HP's adjusted (reduced slightly on most ships)
                              Fixed Victory re-arming enemy ships and repairing/rearming enemy aircraft
                              Mines now persist after minelaying ship is destroyed
                              Added 3rd person alarm sounds for all ships
                              DL links-

Client-
                              Filefront
                              BF-Games

Server-
                              Filefront
                              BF-Games

Comment

Working...
                              X