Servers with a ping of 0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers with a ping of 0?

I never understood this.....when I update all the servers on the main menu and list them in order of ping from lowest to highest, there are always a handfull of servers with a ping of "0". What does this mean, and why does it happen? Why doesn't it show its ping normally like all the other servers?

Re: Servers with a ping of 0?

The in game browser is bugged and crap. Those servers are obviously not 0 ping

Comment

yeah i get at least 20-30 pings of 0.

now the odd thing is they arent remotely the same when I play the server, sometimes 10ish pings...sometimes 120-150ish.

I have the "problems with your connection" problem alot, so Ive stopped picking the 0 ones since Im trying anything to have as little bugs as possible.

Comment

use Qtracker. problem solved.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Most of the server pings listed from 50 to 100 are accurate with the in game browser. Thats the ones I usually pick.

It would be nice if it got fixed but Im not looking for that to happen any time soon. . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Well I never trust the ping thingy on the server list anyway...unless it shows something like 450.... Normally it says its about 50 higher than it actually is, for me.

Comment

for me, 0 ping servers are full; that's all
              BZ.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia
                I never understood this.....when I update all the servers on the main menu and list them in order of ping from lowest to highest, there are always a handfull of servers with a ping of "0". What does this mean, and why does it happen? Why doesn't it show its ping normally like all the other servers?
                That's because EA/DICE are stupid, and don't know how to add a "If serverPing == 0 then don't display" type of command into their database code... That's because apparently the programmers they have didn't make it through Database Structures - Searching & Sorting in Programming 101.

Ok, I can understand bugs in higher levels of programming, but searching a database and displaying its results based on a few conditions is not very hard. It's inexcuseable and is a complete embarrassment, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

0 ping servers just mean that there was a bug and for one reason or another the packet did not get sent, if i remember correctly

Comment

ping of 0? i think that appears when the map is changing, same for the ones that show 2500

Comment

Bug that was in early versions of the game and its browser, was removed with a patch and now they decided to re-introduce this lovely feature. Answer? QTracker.

Comment

so, what is this QTracker? i've seen it popping up lately in discussions

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
                          so, what is this QTracker? i've seen it popping up lately in discussions
                          Qtracker is an Internet/LAN game and MP3 server browser. If you want to find places to play your favorite games, look no further. You can also use Qtracker to administer your game servers, and generate HTML or PHP server listings.

its an external server browser / advanced filter to help you find online games. supports about 100 different games, and lets you choose which countries you want to find servers in. Also has a buddy list that will notify you when it finds your friends playing on servers it has scanned. The only drawback is a slightly longer BF2 server join time because it has to launch BF2, then connect.
                          "Crunch's First Officer"
                          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                          X