This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =EKF= SF Server

Yes, its another whine-about-crap-admining-in-a-server-thread. Just a warning if you're good or having a lucky round according to them your using M.SX hacks.

I got banned from there this morning after I kept nailing their 3-star admin and colonel over and over and got kicked and banned, confronted them about it on their forum here.

In a nutshell **** admining.

Re: =EKF= SF Server

Hah, if I remember well I nearly got kicked from that EKF server for bunnyhopping, which I never did, supposing that bunnyhopping is defined as multiple jumps in a row.
    I may jump 2 times in a row, but thats the max!
    These guys seem to be very sensible.

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso
      Hah, if I remember well I nearly got kicked from that EKF server for bunnyhopping, which I never did, supposing that bunnyhopping is defined as multiple jumps in a row.
      I may jump 2 times in a row, but thats the max!
      These guys seem to be very sensible.

FipZ
      Anything over 1 jump, is by far, bunnyhopping at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3
        Anything over 1 jump, is by far, bunnyhopping at its finest.
        I disagree. When engaging in a 1vs1 and you jump constantly then I would consider that bunnyhopping. However, if you are just trying to cross an exposed area and not directly engaged with anyone, I hardly consider that bunnyhopping. So many are too quick to cry out "bunnyhopper" when in most cases it's probably OK.

To OP... stupid admins. Forget it and move on. Try addicted to games or something.... they run pretty good servers.

Comment

So let's say...

Player A is a sniper. Player A is perched on a roof 100m away from Player B. Player B has no knowledge of Player A's whereabouts and therefore Player B is 'not engaged' in a combat situation. Although Player A has had Player B in his sights for well over a minute. Technically Player A is 'engaged' with out Player B knowing so. Player B is hiding along a wall. There is a road. Player B decides he/she is going to cross the road yet does not feel it is safe to simply walk, run or crawl across. Player B then hops across the road. Player A watches in anger as Player B hops up and down like a Peter Rabbit on the bunny trail on Easter morning. Player A cannot aquire a decent shot due to Player B hopping across the road...

So you're saying an instance like this, it's ok to bunnyhop because Player B is not knowingly engaged?

I can see one hop. That's something I can deal with and I find myself occasionally doing this from time to time in public server play. I get quite angry with myself when I do so though. As it feels cheap...

IMHO, anything over one hop is defined as bunnyhopping.
          1 hop = Singular
          2+ hops = Plural

A bunnyhop might be accidental or not well thought out. Heck, you might have just paniced. Bunnyhops and bunnyhopping requires the user to press the spacebar multiple times and has there for thought out what is taking place.

I guess it's kinda like how 1st degree, 2nd degree murder and manslaughter come to play.

Sometimes it's pre-meditated. Sometimes **** hits the fan.

Now lets put ourselves in a real life situation such as the one above...I highly doubt Player B would hop across a road with full gear on which is close to 1/3 the soldiers weight in most cases. It'd be impossible and impractical.

Ok, now you go.

Comment

I have no intension on starting a heated debate with you AncientSerpent3. It happens all to often on these forums and normally comes down to difference of opinions.

I understand the point you are making. I just think that jumping is part of the game and can be exploited if used excessively (aka bunnyhopping), but I also think that people are too quick to scream "OMG Bunnyhopper!" too. I don't think it's possible to define bunnyhopping as "more than 1 jump" because there are always exceptions to this. That's just my opinion on the matter.

Comment

I'm not asking you to start a heated debate, Vesuvan, nor do I want to start one either. Im just curious to hear more of your opinion.

Such as exceptions to bunnyhopping. Heck I might even agree with you on some.

Comment

Ok, sorry... I'm just so used to seeing flame wars where people won't even listen to each other's opinions on the matter...lol

Anyway... some exceptions. I personally will jump like a mad man when I get flash banged. In most cases it works or I wind up looking like a fool...lol. I will also jump around if I get hit by a sniper and have no freekin clue where they are. In both cases my goal is to find cover as fast as possible, not to engage the ememy. It's because of this that I don't consider it "bunnyhopping".

In all honesty, bunnyhoppers don't bother me. Usually I can handle people who jump around a bit and then try to pull that prone, 1 shot kill to the head. It's just a matter of adapting and learning counter measures.

Comment

Yep, I think the term Bunnyhopping came to life before Patch 1.2 when it was possible to shoot while in the air and people where just jumping the whole day long.
                  So that would be "real" bunnyhopping.
                  I would say that jumping (not excessiv) to avoid getting hit is OK. Like Vesuvan said, when you get flashbanged etc it is a good way to get away.
                  Normally it just requires one jump to get around the corner and be safe.
                  Just to make it clear. I do not bunnyhop, I evade bullets.

Comment

When I get flashbanged, I usually prone and get against a wall and wiggle the mouse till my vision comes back. I take it like a man, I don't hop around like a kangaroo havin' a coronary...

The term bunnyhopping has been around for years. I recall seeing it used in the Beta version of CS, I believe it was. And Im sure it was around even before those times.

Bunnyhopping is bunnyhopping. You don't have to be shooting or getting shot at for it to qualify as bunnyhopping.

Where have all the honorable soldiers gone?

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3
                      Where have all the honorable soldiers gone?
                      Implying that others are not honorable because you label them as "bunnyhoppers" shows your lack of respect towards players for which you know nothing about. I highly doubt that you never commit "dishonorable" acts while gaming.

And for your info, I've never been accused of bunnyhopping nor do I get all worked up when coming up against one. Like I said, it's a matter of adapting, just like another other part of the game.

We have a difference of opinions, there is no need to look down upon someone just because they disagree with you. If you care to bring this to PM so we can stop hijacking this thread and spare others from a boring read, please do.

Comment

It was implied as a joke man.

Geez

Note the smiley face...

Comment

way to take a thread off-topic guys...

Comment

Working...
                          X