Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If i delete my cache folder will it mess the game up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If i delete my cache folder will it mess the game up?

yeah just a ? COUS I HAVE 3-4 gb of cache and thats alot.

thanks

Re: If i delete my cache folder will it mess the game up?

No, just did mine the other day.

Comment

Check this site for BF2 need to knows regarding your system and BF2 - Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide

Comment

i read the guide, very helpful

p.s what map is this

Comment

That map is songhua stalemate I believe. Fun, but servers NEVER run it since they empty out as soon as it comes up in rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by R.M.S.1.3
            That map is songhua stalemate I believe. Fun, but servers NEVER run it since they empty out as soon as it comes up in rotation.
            WTF?

Sidenote: All Ive foudn that happens when i delete my cache is I lose my saved configs.

Comment

NO . It will just re-optimise your shaders , you will not loose your settings. I ddelete cache , dmp , & logo cache every week. If anything your game will run better

Comment

r u sure ur deleting the right cache? 3-4gb in cache files is....well thats like more than the game itself
                make sure ur looking in
                C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

mine averages about 20 mb

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                  r u sure ur deleting the right cache? 3-4gb in cache files is....well thats like more than the game itself
                  make sure ur looking in
                  C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

mine averages about 20 mb
                  I suppose it is possible to have a huge cache folder if the game has been installed since it came out and if he had changed his settings a LOT of times. The first time I cleared mine it was about 100mb. There were four or five folders in there that were around 20mb each. I also seem to remember "Optimizing Shaders" popping up after installing a couple patches and each booster pack. There was a separate one for SF, too.

I don't see how it could get over 1gb, but maybe it could happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X